Thread: Can someone take a look at this tune.

Tuner in Training

Can someone take a look at this tune.

I have a 01 s10 Blazer 4.8 gen4 ls texas speed stage 2 truck cam(duration 212-218 .550 lift 112 lobe separation) 2800 stall 3.42 rear gear. It was tuned locally not having any problems I just to make sure I was getting the most out it or did he give me basic tune.
    Attachment 120644Attachment 120645

If it starts good, runs good, shifts good, and overall operates good, why second guess it. From the looks of it you got a good tune.. Anyone can come and make additional adjustment infinitely but the outcome might be minimal. Unless you go to the race track to dial in the combination for some kind of competition I see no reason why anything else needs to be done.

Roger

Seems okay.

It might have a little knock going on but you aren't logging knock retard, so I would add that to your logs. Also without a wideband oxygen sensor it's tough to say how close the commanded AFR is to the actual AFR when you go full throttle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you, gentlemen for your time. Now that I have Hp tuners my goal is to learn this for myself.

Tuner
    tune is basically maf only, speed density fueling is close to stock, spark timing is likely too aggressive for your cam if you are using factory intake, but this varies on the altitude where you live, and what fuel you run and have available, tq tables look stock but that's fine for just a cam. trans tune is decent but could use a tad bit of work. burst knock has been disabled. I would definitely monitor knock when you heavily roll on the throttle down low. and i would adjust the power enrichment setting to let it kick in more effectively. if its not doing anything weird its probably a fine tune. It will run better when you tune it in speed density mode.