Thread: Having a hard time on start up 402 LS3 with FIC injectors

Having a hard time on start up 402 LS3 with FIC injectors

Guys I need your help. I'm having an issue with my start up on this car. It will crank and no star, and if I crank it again it will then start up. I'm not sure where I dropped the ball. If anyone can help me figure I would appreciate it.

Set up
    402 LS3, 102 TB, high ram, FIC fuel injector connection 65 lb., I think is a TSP stage 4 camshaft.

Thanks

2010 Camaro 402 FIC 65 102TB high ram 1.hpt

Fuel system? Stock 2010 Camaro?

If you cycle the key and let the FP prime but don't crank, does it still start the same on the 2nd try?

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Fuel system? Stock 2010 Camaro?

If you cycle the key and let the FP prime but don't crank, does it still start the same on the 2nd try?
    Stock fuel system besides the injectors. Fuel pump does prime on the 1st crank.

Yes but what I'm getting at... is there a way to nail down if it's the fuel pump prime on first key cycle that allows it to start on the second, or does it require the oily bits inside to actually turn around?

Potential Tuner
    Cam sensor plugged in?

If the cam sensor was unplugged it would prob backfire on the first try

What really helped my engine start on the first crank was
    1. FA Cranking table with 1.25's across the top... change the top row of the cold start areas to some larger number, mine took 5 or 6.0 to get it started quickly
    2. Injection angle, move it up a little for cold starts from the 2 or 3 factory to like 4 or 4.5ish to get the fuel closer to the intake stroke on the first crank

Yes its plugged in

the fuel pump primes when the key is turned on

OK, I will try one last time.

Will it start and run on the 2nd attempt if you ONLY let it do the FP prime on the 1st attempt, and nothing else? No cranking? Key on, wait, key off, key on and crank?