Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another car guy tuning a RXP 300

Tuner in Training

Another car guy tuning a RXP 300

What's up guys, I have read all 3 pages of this BRP section and it appears most of us are car tuners trying to tune a Can-am or Sea-Doo. I recently bought a low hour 2018 Sea-Doo RXP 300 and was looking for tuning options and found out HP Tuners has the ability but there is not a lot of knowledge out there about the tuning process.

I posted on Green Hulk and got bashed because I'm not using a MaptunerX. I'm not buying another $1000 tuning platform when I already have one that will work. I plan to start testing as soon as my adaptor cable comes in next week. I have seen some guys make huge gains on the Can-Ams with HP Tuners so it can be done. I will keep you all posted and any help would be great!

Tuner
    My 21 GTX 300 is running better with HP Tuners than it did with Maptuner.. and I have the Riva map editor software and was modifying my own tunes.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    My 21 GTX 300 is running better with HP Tuners than it did with Maptuner.. and I have the Riva map editor software and was modifying my own tunes.
    How did you get started on your HP Tunes? Trial and error? Or were you able to pull the maptuner tunes and do a tune compare to get started with the HP Tuning software?

Tuner
    I started by comparing the maptuner tunes and copying the tables over.
    of course there's way more that needs to be changed that you cannot see in map editor.

Tuner in Training
    I started by comparing the maptuner tunes and copying the tables over.
    of course there's way more that needs to be changed that you cannot see in map editor.
    Cool, yea that was my plan as well. I know a guy with a "bolt on" maptuner tune and was going to pull it and do a comparison to get started.

Did you install a wideband O2? I was just outside looking at mine and trying to figure out the best place to install a wideband.

The Bluetooth feature of the HP tuners MPVI2 should make data logging easy.

Tuner
    how are you going to "pull" his tune?

yes, I have a wideband O2 installed.
    there's two round flats near the back of the exhaust manafold, use the one closest to the cylinder 1 exhaust port.

Tuner in Training

there's two round flats near the back of the exhaust manafold, use the one closest to the cylinder 1 exhaust port.
    I haven't got my adaptor cable yet but is reading the ECU not the same procedure as a car/truck? You download the current tune file? Then compare it to a stock file to see the changes.

1. Download the tune file from my buddy's RXP 300.
    2. Download the stock tune file from my RXP 300.
    3. Compare the files as a starting point and modify from there.

Thanks for the info on the wideband. I will look into that today.
    Last edited by Allcagedup; 05-26-2022 at 07:10 AM.

Tuner
    with HP Tuners, you can't "read" an ECU.. it reads your ECU and then downloads a stock tune file from their server based on the information from your ECU.
    so you'll only ever get a stock tune file from them... you cannot download a tune file from an ECM.

Tuner in Training
    with HP Tuners, you can't "read" an ECU.. it reads your ECU and then downloads a stock tune file from their server based on the information from your ECU.
    so you'll only ever get a stock tune file from them... you cannot download a tune file from an ECM.
    Hmmm, ok I read that in an earlier forum but I thought HP Tuners had changed that since then. Surely HPT will change that in the future. Either way no big deal I will start from scratch. Thanks for the heads up.

Tuner in Training
    Well, I got my adaptor cable in a few days ago. Time for some testing and tuning. Any help or suggestions are welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    bonjour peut tu mettre la calibration d origine avec id merci

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Allcagedup View Post
    Well, I got my adaptor cable in a few days ago. Time for some testing and tuning. Any help or suggestions are welcome!
    how are things going? when you read your ski, did you have wifi/internet access when you read it?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SloSVO View Post
    how are things going? when you read your ski, did you have wifi/internet access when you read it?
    Things are going well but only a few days after getting my adaptor cable I had to go to Japan for business. I will not be back until this coming weekend.

Yes, you have to have wifi while reading the tune from the machine. You will also need wifi and your MPVI2 hooked up while making modifications in the tune. The software has to ping the HPT server before opening the tune file.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Allcagedup View Post
    Things are going well but only a few days after getting my adaptor cable I had to go to Japan for business. I will not be back until this coming weekend.

Yes, you have to have wifi while reading the tune from the machine. You will also need wifi and your MPVI2 hooked up while making modifications in the tune. The software has to ping the HPT server before opening the tune file.
    Well that sucks balls

Potential Tuner

I just got my 22 RXPX and its in storage for the winter, my question is what does the ECU have for AFR reading? No way of utilizing this?

good afternoon everyone, who ever need help tuning a seadoo im more then happy to help 239-887-6848 text me

Tuner in Training
    Are you sure because i ve already a tune Stage 1 on my RXP X 2022 , and if HP Tuner send me a stock file : no interest.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yann45 View Post
    Are you sure because i ve already a tune Stage 1 on my RXP X 2022 , and if HP Tuner send me a stock file : no interest.
    Yes, this is correct.
    Obviously you can read out the .bin file, then convert it to .HPT if you like.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    Yes, this is correct.
    Obviously you can read out the .bin file, then convert it to .HPT if you like.
    And is it possible with a MPVI3 HP Tuner interface for read out a .bin file? And for convert to HPT file which software can do it?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yann45 View Post
    And is it possible with a MPVI3 HP Tuner interface for read out a .bin file? And for convert to HPT file which software can do it?
    No, and contact HPT for file conversion