Thread: Cam offset reading sbc 24x

Tuner in Training

Cam offset reading sbc 24x

Hello, I built my 98 s10 with a 383 sbc that's running 24x sensors, COP and a 0411 pcm using an 02 F-body OS. For those who aren't familiar the pcm essentially thinks it's running an LS1 with the injector and coil wires switched for an sbc.

Anyway, it starts and runs very well. The tune was optimized from the previous setup. I followed the distributor setting procedure and did it all correctly but I belive my 1x cam sensor is not aligned properly. When I jab the throttle from a low rpm 50% of the time it will pop through the intake. From what I've gathered this means the injector sequence is still out of time.

It's my understanding that the F body OS does not have a cam offset pid like the express van OS did as the LS has a fixed cam position sensor. Without that reading how am I supposed to get this thing dialed in? Is there an alternate method that others have used in the past? Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Many here have done this conversion. Post a log and the tune.

I would think a L31 OS would be a better starting point, closer match to the hardware. I believe the L31 OS can read a 24x crank wheel (crank lo res = 0).

Tuner in Training
    I will post a log tomorrow. Maybe I'm getting dated information but I didn't think the L31 OS had the ability to fire coils or read 24x. Unless there's a way to modify it now. I do like the fbody OS because I have my AC and e-fans using the pressure sensor and running exactly like stock. But if there's a way to incorporate that into the L31 OS I would rather do that.