Thread: first time post first time tuner interesting truck

Potential Tuner

first time post first time tuner interesting truck

hey guys new here and new to tuning. I'm an army veteran with 2 kids and the wife, trying to build an overland suburban. here's what im up against:

Vehicle

2003 chevy suburban 1500 LT 4wd

current powertrain/drivetrain mods

-Escalade AWD transfer case, front diff swap
    -Escalade 4L65E swap
    -cold air intake
    -Factory y-pipe cats and 02s, 3 in catback with straight thru muffler

upcoming powertrain/drivetrain mods

-electric fans

Truck bogs down when A/C is on, cooling fan turning and trying to get all 4 wheels going from a red light up hill. If I go WOT it doesn't downshift and pick itself up. overall goal is to get to 500 horse (eventually) reliably and be able to tow anything I want (reasonably) and play offroad with the family.

I don't know the first thing about tuning and have started watching videos and reading stuff but I was hoping the "basic" mode would have more of a beginners tutorial/ limitations so I don't blow up my daily driver. The truck runs strong overall and if yall could point me in the right direction that be great. Honestly I should've bought an off the shelf programmer but I wanted to get this so I could add a little power to my wife's '17 equinox to, since no one offers a programmer for it.

thanks for yalls time
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you get a log file of the problem so you can post it here? You'd need to make sure the log has a decent amount of data to help. So like all the standard channels to watch and things like knock retard, injector data, torque mngt channels and things like that.

This is only just my opinion but the AWD transfer case and front diff was a huge downgrade if you want an overland vehicle. You are kinda SOL if you lose a driveshaft or break a CV axle while doing stuff off road. The stock suburban 4WD transfer was better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I'll try to get a good log this weekend

Yea I've been told alot I shouldve stuck with the 4wd system but I wanted something different and I'm trying to get rid of some electronics, eventually want to do a GM ZF6 swap. I think I'm the only guy with a Fully loaded suburban that has a front row center seat and 2nd row captain chairs and a denali front clip. I'm building a matching 10 ft trailer out of a beat up 2000 sierra to

Potential Tuner
    hey guys so log 1 is light throttle/ downhill with A/C. log 2 is uphill more throttle with A/C, I tried catching the red light because power loss is worse from dead stop. if I get a chance to run it again I will. I did do efans swap and attached the new tune file started to play with a few minor things based on videos and stuff ive read but still no where near comfortable.

thanks for any insight
    Attached Files Attached Files