Thread: Need some help with tune

Tuner in Training

Need some help with tune

Wanted to reach out and ask for some help I have a 2016 GLA45 with the following modifications

Alpha high flow downpipe with 200 cell cat
    Full 3inch exhaust
    Pure 550 upgraded turbo

I originally had a stage 2 tune from eurocharged for the stock turbo and they were kind enough to include the base tune for the 550 turbo as well. Well the problem lies in when I installed the HPtuners it did something so that when I try to upload my tune from the MyGenius it wont do it saying that theres another tune on it because the hptuners uploaded a software update so that it could read the tune. Neither I nor eurocharge know how to fix this so the only option I have now is to utilize the hptuners editor and get a tune going that way. I am hoping someone here has a tune that I can start with based on the pure 550 upgraded turbo that I can log and improve on with the persons help. Im not sure how to do the mercedes tuning. I use to be great at the old 95-2002 LS cars but these mercedes are completely different animal. I was able to read the tune that was in the ecm which would be the eurocharged stage 2 tune for stock turbo. I wasnt able to put my stock tune in before this whole problem started. I am willing to pay for the help I am attaching my tune and if someone can help Id be forever grateful. I like an aggressive throttle very responsive, want it to pull as hard as possible to redline, I feel the redline could be raised safely to 6500 instead of 6250 but not needed. if you need my vin I can provide that as well.

Appreciate any help guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    The my genius won't load the tune once you have tampered with it using HP. It'll let you put your oem tune back on, but that's it. So it could've been worse, you could've loaded HP when you had the OEM tune in it and that's all you'd have now. Now that have the Euro tune you can put the oem tune back on and copy that with HP to see how they're different.
    To get your 550 tune off of it I assume the MB dealer could reload your ECU, for a fee, or someone like BenzNinja could if you have the hardware to do it. Or who knows maybe HP has an undo for their patch? I never asked....

I'd also assume Euro could treat the patched ECU as an unmodified oem ECU and simply give you a new tune file. The My Genius is just to load the files and prevent piracy, the latter part is your problem. My guess is the My genius is locked to your oem ecu load and will not cooperate with this plan. If so then it will need to be reset which I think is $200? The Euro people could tell you. They may not know if it'll work with the HP patch because you might be the first to want it, but I can't imagine it not working.

Or if you do an oem reload then I would back it up like I did before I installed the HP patch. Backing up costs about $75-100 in hardware and I can explain in more detail if interested. So for me I can simply reload the backup and the HP patch is gone, then I can use My Genius again. You see, I too had two tunes and got locked out by My Genius. But I loaded the backup, then My G worked again and I loaded the second tune. Then I loaded the HP patch and copied that tune. Now that I have both in HP I guess the My G is completely useless?

My guess is there isn't a lot of difference between the two tunes but I can't really say for sure. My assumption is the upgraded turbo would do all the work. The tune looks like it's set to more or less make power to 6500, meaning I don't really see much preventing it. Maybe adjust a limiter or two to ensure they aren't preventing that. I could tweak it for you but there are people here who are better qualified at it than me.
    The throttle response I think you'd be better off tweaking yourself because you know what you like. It's under Torque Management/Driver Demand. The Pedal Characteristics is just to tweak how much actual pedal vs what the ecu treats it as. Mine are all 1-1, so 10%=10% and so on. You could bump the #'s, like 10% = 15%. It doesn't actually do anything other than your foot moves less to make power. Then there's the Desired Torque charts, which if you make it a 2D map you may notice it looks like how the engine feels relative to pedal position. At least mine did to me, but being a 4 banger your cart is distorted in order to make it feel more normal. So basically it's already aggressive, 25% pedal is asking for 80% torque. On mine 30% pedal = 28%.
    So adjust as needed. I like having the Normal and Eco settings the same so Eco isn't lame if I forget to turn it off. Then I made the lines straighter and what I consider normal: pedal.jpg This is just an example because while my settings are more aggressive than stock, they would do the opposite in yours.
    But the point is this chart is where you make the request for power based on pedal position.

The rev limiter is set to 6500 in the tune you posted, but you're saying it actually stops at 6250?
    Is the Shift Exhaust Temp supposed to be a joke? You or maybe a Euro joke? Like a signature?
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Tuner in Training
    Also i dont understand what ya mean by the shift exhaust temp thing being a joke i dont even know what that means haha.

Tuner in Training
    I dont know how to message you on here to give you my phone number or my email

Advanced Tuner
    See pix:
    Shift Temp.jpg

I wouldn't be the guy to help. If you want to pay I'd talk to outlaw_50, who does this for a living and knows way more than I do.

I'm still trying to figure things out myself and discovered that, apparently, most things in the ECU are still invisible to us using HP, and what we can see may or may not work or do what it says. Plus the descriptions for things are ambiguous and often of no help whatsoever. It also seems that most people don't know what all these charts and things do or how to use this on a Benz. Or they do and just not interested in sharing? Either way I don't get a lot of clear and valid info, but instead it's often wrong or the cryptic reply only makes it more confusing. Based on all that over the past few months I've been playing with this and on this forum, I'd say outlaw_50 would be the guy.
    I can try to help with what I do know, and tell you what I think something is, but I can't take $ for that.

I can tell you about backing up the ECU I even made some simple instructions to share with people. Not sure if your ecu is anything like mine, but maybe.
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Thanks Chevota.

GLA45cjz I have replied to your pm
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com