Thread: e78 user defined parameters help

Potential Tuner

e78 user defined parameters help

Hello,
    I am trying to add a parameter to my VCM editor for my '13 Sonic RS with manual transmission.
    I changed the 6th gear ratio in it.
    The car was nearing 4k rpm going down the highway with the close ratio RS gearbox, I had the layshaft bearing failure that these are known for so I had to rebuild the trans anyway. When I rebuilt it I put a Chevy Cruze Eco 6th gear set in it and now cruise control doesn't work in 6th because the car doesn't think its in gear as it doesn't' match the expect NV ratio for 6th.

Thus, I want to change the expected ratios in the ECM so that cruise will work.

I know the parameter for gear ratios is a pair of 1-row,8-column tables, and I know the addresses are 0x28040 and 0x28050.
    But when I use TunerPro and create an XDF and then pull them into VCM editor, the values are... obviously not right. See below.

Is there anyone who by chance could help or sees any if my settings that aren't correct?
    XDF_Settings_General.png
    XDF_Settings_Row.png
    XDF_Settings_Columns.png
    HP_tuners_UDV.png

There's not many options to play with and I think I've about exhausted them all, but maybe not!
    I've tried 1, 2, and 4 bytes.

One thing that might be the case is an address offset in the XDF header... but I have no idea how to know what that might be?

Advanced Tuner
    When you import into HPT the editor will do a hex to decimal conversion based on the byte size you set. Once it is converted to decimal it needs a factor applied to it. So you need to know the conversion factor also.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you!!

Do you know how I can figure out what the conversion factor is?

Advanced Tuner
    Without access to OEM documents you have to guess. If you know what the end value needs to be it makes it easier. You can use the goal seek function in excel also.

Potential Tuner
    Awesome, thank you!