Thread: Speed Limiter

Potential Tuner

Speed Limiter

Hi everyone, I just got my cable for the BRPs and didn?t used it yet but I was asked if it was possible to raise the speed limiter. It for a Outlander 1000 6x6. I tought I would asked before spending 4 credits!! Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Out of curiosity what is the credit cost to license it?

I use a powervision for powersports tuneing and I can edit speed on that.

But there are multiple places that is needs to be done. The can am ecu seems to use one of many tables depending on condition to limit speed.

Tuner in Training
    and I looked you can infact change the speed limit Under the Speedo Section.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by glennd789 View Post
    and I looked you can infact change the speed limit Under the Speedo Section.
    Ok thanks for the info really appreciate. It is 4 credits at 50$ each, that why I wanted to be sure it was possible.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by FDLecuyer View Post
    Ok thanks for the info really appreciate. It is 4 credits at 50$ each, that why I wanted to be sure it was possible.
    Dang 4 Credits that is kind of steep for no support and no premade tune support.

If you decide to do it let me know I will pull one of my custom tunes and build you a file if you would like.

Here are some of the changes I made

Can-Am Outlander
    HMF Swamp
    Snorkles
    Altered target AFR table
    Altered timing
    Altered DBW tables
    Altered Mode switch Tables
    Altered torque Tables
    Altered Torque Tables
    Lowered fan temps
    Raised rev limit
    Raised speed limits
    Raised limp mode

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by glennd789 View Post
    Dang 4 Credits that is kind of steep for no support and no premade tune support.

If you decide to do it let me know I will pull one of my custom tunes and build you a file if you would like.

Here are some of the changes I made

Can-Am Outlander
    HMF Swamp
    Snorkles
    Altered target AFR table
    Altered timing
    Altered DBW tables
    Altered Mode switch Tables
    Altered torque Tables
    Altered Torque Tables
    Lowered fan temps
    Raised rev limit
    Raised speed limits
    Raised limp mode
    Sweet thanks, actually it is for a friend of mine, his 6x6 is limited to 50mph, he should bring it to me soon. I know they’re not made for speed but going down logging trail he could use little more speed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FDLecuyer View Post
    Sweet thanks, actually it is for a friend of mine, his 6x6 is limited to 50mph, he should bring it to me soon. I know they’re not made for speed but going down logging trail he could use little more speed.
    I think you can raise the speed limit in BUDS2, a better option if that's all you want to do, since the cost would only be labor.