Thread: AF Learning Thresholds

Potential Tuner

AF Learning Thresholds

The 2019 STI rom (AE5Z321V) seems to be missing the AF Learning (LTFT) Range Maximum values for at least one range - Range D. Also, the airflow value for Range A seems oddly high at 5.60 g/s (same as Range B). I am used to seeing Range A maximum in the 1.0-2.0 g/s range for idle learning.

All this makes me wonder if the definition is referencing the wrong values for these variables, although that wouldn't change the fact that I think there may be a missing range in there.

I could totally be wrong here of course, but it just seems very different from previous roms of this body style STI. Fueling in open loop is very inconsistent if you are battling hidden LTFT corrections.

Also, has anyone seen where the Rear O2 correction thresholds are? I don't see them separately. Did Subaru merge them with another table or are these just undefined?

Here is a map for a 2019 STi on Cobb ATP:

cobb1.png

What you're looking for is this?

cobb2.png

And for the rear O2, they have previously been listed in the "Closed Loop Target" tables.

cobb3.png

If you want to post your OEM map, I can go through it.

Potential Tuner
    I am looking for this:

ss2.jpg

My map in VCM looks like this:

ss1.jpg

So it looks like the ranges are correct (based on the comparison to the Stock 2019 map in my AT). I would like the bring the 65 g/s value down to 50 g/s and set the A/F Maximum to 49.99 g/s, so I never get open loop fueling corrections from learning tables.

I did get HP Tuners to add the Rear O2 threshold tables though, which was great. I have attached my factory map below if you want to poke around. I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

2019 STI (First Read).hpt

I figured that was what you were looking for and forgot to screenshot it.

Yeah, I don't see it available in the map you posted.

Potential Tuner
    Hopefully HP will sort this definition out. I think that A/F Learning Limits (A/F Maximum at least) is a bare minimum for Subarus. I know in the 2018 STIs, the 80 g/s limit is defined, just not in the 2019. I have been told that the base definition nor the custom features patch in the 2019s is not quite fully sorted though (as recognized by HP Tuners), so hopefully these things will be fixed - its all in limbo at the moment. Their C/S has been pretty responsive thus far, so I have high hopes.