Thread: Need a Tow Tune 2007 5.9

Potential Tuner

Question Need a Tow Tune 2007 5.9

Hi everyone I am looking for someone reputable to tune my 2007 5.9 megacab with a 48re. I currently use the truck for hauling our grudge cars and camper (weighing 11k) around and just need a good Tow tune to help power, maybe lag and transmission tuning as wellMidnight Fab 2007 5.9 Cummins Stock File.hpt if applicable. Truck is stock besides an Intake and MBRP exhaust. I currently have a MPVI2 for tuning our turbo LS cars and have no problem uploading and logging. Any help is greatly appreciated !

Stock Transmission and Torque Converter?
    The best thing I ever did for towing was get a good quality low stall converter... I have a triple disk now, but honestly the billet single I ran for years worked just as good.
    I'm sure you know the stock trans might not live long with added power. But back when I was doing mine there was no custom tuning, especially for the trans. It was all valve body and clutch upgrades...

Do you have an EGT gauge?
    Even with a Tow tune you can get into trouble with a good head wind and heavy load

If ya had an 03/04 I would shoot ya something to look at, but I've never tuned one of these

You might hit up Jim P on this forum. I believe he is still doing remote Tunes..
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Banned
    I?m pretty strapped with a 101 things on my list right now, I pointed him to another person