Thread: Innovate LC-2 over serial does not agree with narrow band.

Potential Tuner

Innovate LC-2 over serial does not agree with narrow band.

Last time when I was doing a tune, my tuner said, quote: "Your wideband does not agree a bit with your narrow band. Throw it away and get an AEM". He installed his sensor for the dyno session.
    I am about to do some remote tuning after installing a new turbo and bigger injectors and need to be sure that i can trust my WB.
    Besides from what I have read Innovate should be a decent sensor for a home mechanic like me.

I'm logging via serial connection and using a default provided Innovate over serial configuration.
    The sensor has been calibrated.
    I took this log at idle. Could someone please take a look and tell me if this is still the case and if there is anything that can be done here?
    Let me know if I need to do a different one. I'll be braking in my engine tomorrow and can do some light driving.

Note: I'm running windows on a VMware virtual machine on my mac. I don't know if this could be contributing to a problem but seems very unlikely to me. I'd be surprised that this would add a delay. I, unfortunately, don't have access to a proper windows laptop atm. It would seem kinda dumb if I had to buy one just for this...

idle.hpl
    First drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qy6...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by mrtrodoent; 06-01-2022 at 02:47 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    That log does look kinda suspect. Are the NB and WB sensors on the same bank ?

Potential Tuner
    I found a post where a user suggests setting up a transform function for LM-2 sensor.

The logs were taken with me only completing step #1. I selected LC-2 (which is my model) instead.

Are formulas the same for LC-2? If not where do I find them?

1. add channel, serial port and pick innovate LM-2 from the list (A/F or EQ Ratio, your choice)
    2. opposite click on the channel, hit transform
    3. click on the parameter option and pick transforms, oxygen sensors, Air-fuel ratio or EQ Ratio (your choice)
    4. click on Innovate - LM-2
    5. Click yes, it's good
    6. In function, type in (input/68.05) + 7.36 = output for A/F ratio; or use (input/1024) + 0.5 = output for EQ Ratio

Potential Tuner
    This formula is wrong.
    My reading from the WB is in the proper AFR range around 14 +/-2 just doesn't line up with NB.
    (input/68.05) + 7.36 this transforms it to a value under 8.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtrodoent View Post
    6. In function, type in (input/68.05) + 7.36 = output for A/F ratio; or use (input/1024) + 0.5 = output for EQ Ratio

I have an LM2 and the above transform formulas are exactly what I use and both AFR and Lambda register correctly.
    2005 Corvette, Z51, 6sp Coupe:
    - TSP ported/milled LS3 heads
    - 11:1 compression
    - Ported OEM LS3 intake & LS2 throttle body
    - 222/230 113 +3, 0 degree overlap w/1.7 rockers
    - Comp 1.8 roller rockers
    - Lift w/1.8 rockers .630/.621
    - Johnson 2110 lifters
    - OEM LS3/7 Injectors
    - LS3/7 style CAI w/blade MAF sensor
    - Std. speed ATI balancer
    - C5r timing chain