Thread: Sector Comparison for Autocross

Potential Tuner

Sector Comparison for Autocross

I did my first Autocross last weekend using TrackAddict - video review between runs while waiting in-grid was very helpful, especially early on while still learning the course.

Is there a way, on one screen, to compare sector times from the same (autocross) "segment track" from the same day?

It looks like I need to individually click into each run to see the sectors times, making it impossible to easily compare sector times across multiple runs, or more importantly, compare the sector times in your most recent run against prior runs.

As I became more comfortable with the track, I became progressively slower on a couple segments, but did not realize that until I got home and entered sector times into a spreadsheet for simple comparison. While in-grid between runs, had I been able to easily see I was slowing on those sectors, I would have attacked them differently on my next runs. I also used the spreadsheet to calculate my "optimal lap", but it would be nice if the app could do that, like it can for circuit tracks.

I guess as a side note, are there any good resources (web, video, etc) that demonstrate how to most effectively use autocross? I don't mean like how to record and stuff, but rather how to effectively use this tool on race day between runs (or during track setup) to improve lap times.

Both the app and RaceRender are very helpful tools - Thank you!

-Pete

Potential Tuner
    I've only ever used TrackAddict with a start and an end point for autocross, and not any intermediate points for sectors. This description is for the Android version.

From the Run screen that shows lap times (the one with the "video", "share", and "file" buttons at the bottom):
    1. tap "DETAIL" on the right hand side for the segment/lap
    2. on the next screen, tap "- TAP TO COMPARE -" at the top right of the screen
    3. tap "- Select Another Sesssion -" from the list
    4. select the other run you want to compare against

You can then zoom into the map for a better view, and tap the play button to move through the data. You can also tap the "i in a gear" icon to choose what data to look at. I usually just look at speed in "DATA vs DIST" view. Depending on the size of your phone, the display could be a little cramped.