Thread: Throttle doesn't match Pedal down low

Tuner

Throttle doesn't match Pedal down low

This is a 2015 Sierra with 6.2l and mild cam, headers, intake and 3000 stall converter. The thing runs like a rapped ape once it goes full throttle but on the lower side of the rpms whether its 4 auto launching it by holding the brake or by just the hit it seems the throttle isn't opening at the same rate the pedal is floored. The throttle blade doesn't seem to go wot until around 3000 rpms. Makes it kinda lag out of the whole. I done all I can think of to make it follow the pedal to no avail. Even tweaked the VTT and made no changes. Attahced is the tune and the log if anyone can take a look.

Tuner
    Anyone?

Consider this a bump
    I know very little about 5th GEN....

It appears your Delivered is behind your predicated, which I though I would see the other way with your lag...

How about the table in the picture??

EDIT
    I do you before you adjust anything Torque related you must have your MAF and VVE dialed in. Have you done that?
    The log pictured shows a fair difference between MAF and Dynamic airflow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dhoagland; 06-02-2022 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added comment
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Consider this a bump
    I know very little about 5th GEN....

It appears your Delivered is behind your predicated, which I though I would see the other way with your lag...

How about the table in the picture??

EDIT
    I do you before you adjust anything Torque related you must have your MAF and VVE dialed in. Have you done that?
    The log pictured shows a fair difference between MAF and Dynamic airflow

I got this truck from another shop that tuned it and I have not touched VVE. I think Dynamic is disabled which i was under the assumption that if its Disabled that it doesn't reference the VVE table, is that wrong? If so, why do people turn off the dynamic airflow? As far as the predicted torque limit table #9515 yes i raised it up a bit from what it was like 15% or so and didn't see a change. I thought if i maxed it out it would be way to sensitive to throttle input everywhere so I didn't go crazy on it.

Ryan

Ah, Yes I see you are MAF only...

Again, I'm throwing stuff out with no experience on your platform..

But I believe it still uses the VE (VVE) tables for predictive, non steady state driving...
    Heck for a Test reset the dynamic disable back to 4,000 and see if it helps...

I know I watched a Greg Banish's Video on the GEN 5 and he really drove home having your air flow models' nuts on before trying to dial in drivability
    I'm going to need to watch again to see if he mentioned MAF only Tuning
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Quote Originally Posted by FastV View Post
    I got this truck from another shop that tuned it and I have not touched VVE. I think Dynamic is disabled which i was under the assumption that if its Disabled that it doesn't reference the VVE table, is that wrong? If so, why do people turn off the dynamic airflow? As far as the predicted torque limit table #9515 yes i raised it up a bit from what it was like 15% or so and didn't see a change. I thought if i maxed it out it would be way to sensitive to throttle input everywhere so I didn't go crazy on it.

Ryan
    Just tuning the MAF is easier, very much quicker.
    If you look at the big boys, with big Cams, A lot of times they will go MAF less, SD mode.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Ah, Yes I see you are MAF only...

Again, I'm throwing stuff out with no experience on your platform..

But I believe it still uses the VE (VVE) tables for predictive, non steady state driving...
    Heck for a Test reset the dynamic disable back to 4,000 and see if it helps...

I know I watched a Greg Banish's Video on the GEN 5 and he really drove home having your air flow models' nuts on before trying to dial in drivability
    I'm going to need to watch again to see if he mentioned MAF only Tuning

Do you happen to have that video link so i can watch it?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Its a single user use

Here is the link, its all of his on line content... Its not cheap, but it was good for me...

https://cartrainingonline.com/

Tuning Addict
    Dial in VVE and then retune MAF. Go from there. I've seen SOooo many 5th gens screwed up by big name shops it isn't even funny One charges ungodly amounts to tune these things (up near 2000) and doesn't touch it - causes all sorts of issues...

Don't know if it's because they're torque based or if it was just the engineers way of making things more precise, but the sd side of the cal is highly referenced for all torque calculations for shifting, throttle and timing...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I've said it before: "MAF ONLY is not MAF ONLY" The ECU still looks at the background SD model (VVE) during transients because the airflow at the MAF is not the same as the airflow entering the cylinders as pressure is changing in the intake manifold. On these GEN5 ECUs there is no shortcut. You MUST dial in the VVE if you expect it to work correctly.

Tuner
    Thanks for everyone's help. It has been resolved by another tuner. Just so the rest of you know it is not in the VVE table. The person that tuned it was compensated for their time and knowledge at more than reasonable price.

Ryan

Advanced Tuner
    What was the fix if not VVE?