Thread: FICM Tuning/SCT Tunes

Tuner in Training

FICM Tuning/SCT Tunes

Is it possible to do a FICM only tune and use custom tunes on an SCT device? I have a customer wanting a FICM tune but wants to keep using his custom tunes on his SCT.

Yes do a read but select don?t read for pcm, I believe you get a standardized ficm file anyway from hpt. Then reflash after editing ficm. You could also un marry the sct first, do the ficm tune then reload the sct. Although this way would use up a slot on the sct.

Tuner in Training
    This was my plan. Unmarry the SCT, Write FICM tune, then reload SCT. I just didn't know if the SCT would overwrite anything. Thanks for the reply. I'm going to give it a try. Any advice on FICM tuning? Customer was wanting something equivalent to an Atlas 40. I'm assuming I don't need to make any large changes to PW to accomplish this. .1 to .2 ms in the high ICP, high Mass Fuel Desired area?

I used to have some ficm tunes saved but I couldn?t find them last summer, one of my sons friends bought a 6,0 I was going to load them on.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the replies, I will update as soon as I get a chance to try this.