Thread: Lambda / Widebands dropping to zero?

Tuner in Training

Lambda / Widebands dropping to zero?

2014 Mustang GT / Copperhead with (currently) a FSFD2AA strategy. Also saw it with my FSFD2AT strategy before I switched.

I've recently noticed that on a very intermittent basis, my widebands seem to be dropping to zero, for only a few milliseconds each time.

Nothing else appears to be impacted.

These are the original O2s in the car. I have already ordered replacements. But I don't believe that it's actually the O2s as I would find it suspicious that both would be exhibiting the exact same issue. Usually, when there is the same presentation on multiple devices, then the problem is someplace common to the respective devices. Nonetheless, replacing the O2s is not a bad idea given that they're originals from 2014 to the best of my knowledge.

These random/intermittent drops go all the way back to my very first log with VCM Scanner.

Screenshot 2022-06-06 081015.png

Log file attached

[FSFD2AA][014f] 93 Octane - R9 1.hpl

It's always bank 2 then bank 1

WB Bank 2: 10:18:36
    WB Bank 1: 10:18:38

WB Bank 2: 10:26:37
    WB Bank 1: 10:26:38

Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Screamin'04; 06-06-2022 at 07:46 AM.

Nothing to worry about I don't think. Pretty much every 2011+ car I've tuned and logged does the exact same thing. I attribute it to a signal drop from the scanner or something irrelevant. If you weren't watching the log when it happens, you wouldn't even know so I don't think it's anything to be concerned about
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinjor View Post
    Nothing to worry about I don't think. Pretty much every 2011+ car I've tuned and logged does the exact same thing. I attribute it to a signal drop from the scanner or something irrelevant. If you weren't watching the log when it happens, you wouldn't even know so I don't think it's anything to be concerned about
    Thanks!

For what it's worth, I see it without VCM Scanner involved as well... Through NGauge monitoring.

You're right though, it doesn't seem to have any affect overall.