Thread: 2015 Whipple, pulls throttle back to 40% at WOT

2015 Whipple, pulls throttle back to 40% at WOT

2015 Whipple, built motor 15psi, ID1050s and return style fuel system. Running just a modified version of the whipple tune. Older version before the Tomohawk, but I did recieve some updates from Whipple to try and dial this in. The log that is attached is a 3rd gear romp. Pulls hard even with TP at 60% (APP at 100), but only lets it do it once. After that it keeps throttle undedr 40% and it is a pooch. Log shows the 3rd gear pull, and then towards end of log a short 4rth gear. Ive gone both dirrections of extremes with driver demand, doesnt seem to change one way or another. Its been a long week, I hope you all can see something blatenly obvious that I am just over looking. Log and tune file attached. 15 coyote whipple 15psi.hplZRBSE_DeckardWhippleCustom.hpt

If you still have the Whipple flare tool, go into flare and make sure the knock limiting feature is disabled. I think there is a way to do it in the VCM scanner somewhere too. I've seen it do some odd things limiting throttle, and it is overly sensitive. Any KR at all and it will limit throttle until the engine is turned off and restarted.

That was it. Disabled over load, and knock limiting with flare tool. It's a freaking beast now. Thank you