Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning 8L90E with blue cat

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MakesBadDecisions View Post
    Option 1
    Save that channels list to your User/Documents/HP Tuners/Channel Configs folder.
    Then open the VCM scanner and then load channels list, it will open an folder window. Then select the channels list you saved earlier.
    After you get that open, make sure to start vehicle, connect the scanner and the repoll for supported parameters, that is found under the vehicle dropdown tab.

Option 2
    Open the log attached, then save the channels list, then connect to vehicle, repoll and watch the data populate.
    Perfect, thanks. Once I get this done I will post the results here.

Jim

Tuner in Training
    Some experience I had at the other end of the scale vehicle wise. My 2008 Jeep is running a 2016 5.3LT/8L90 setup. When I got the program back from Motech in Vegas the shifting was fine. So Newbie here sees the gear ratio set at 3.42 and thought that is funny I am 4.10 ratio so changed it. When I got on the freeway 65-70mph and literally touched the throttle it would kick down to 3rd gear and scream in D. Manual handled it better but when I asked Motech he said the kickdown he controls with changing the ratio so back to 3.42 I went and all good. I believe this is actually a work around the torque shift tables so doing the same may help your situation temporarily.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MakesBadDecisions View Post
    Also,
    Wanted to warn you, that shift schedule does have some fairly aggressive zero pedal downshifts when coming down from highway speeds to lower speeds. The 6-5, 5-4, 4-3 shifts will happen around 1500ish RPM. Just wanted to mention that before you experience it and get nervous.
    I am back from my cruise...yes it was wonderful...I loaded the channels per your instruction and also loaded the latest tune you sent. I must admit it was different but still awful, especially when coming to a rolling stop, it shifts very hard from 2nd to 1st. Also, when I got on it a bit, it's still way off but this log file should show you more of what's going on.

Thanks again
    Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files