Thread: 2013 sonic unlicensed vehicle

Potential Tuner

unlicensed vehicle error

Hi. I'm a novice at best so I'll try to explain. I read the pcm and tcm from my car and sent it to the tuner. Flashed the first file he sent back and everything was good. Got the update to the file to flash and went to flash it to my car. I forgot to turn the key to the on position, but hit the write to vehicle button. It started to go and after a bit said it failed to communicate. Realized I didn't have the key to the on position and went to redo it. Now the status bar says unlicensed vehicle. Car won't start and can't reflash anything. The scanner will still read the dtc codes. Any help will be amazing. Thank you.
    Last edited by Giff808; 06-08-2022 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Better description

Advanced Tuner
    Based on the information you've shared, it sounds like your ECM is corrupt, and you'll probably have to get a replacement. Sorry

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    Based on the information you've shared, it sounds like your ECM is corrupt, and you'll probably have to get a replacement. Sorry
    That's what I was thinking too. But I was hoping. Thank you for your help!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    Unfortunately you are correct
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"