Thread: Jeep 4.0 stroker timing advance table?

Potential Tuner

Jeep 4.0 stroker timing advance table?

Does anyone have a timing advance table they would share for a stroked 4.0? I am running about a 4.5L with edelbrock head, banks header, and comp cams xtreme cam.
    I have something working now, but would like to compare to another that has been sued for a while.

Tuner
    They all vary, saying it?s a stroker does not really help. Stoker combination, deck height, fuel, CR, cam timing, cam specs , etc.. My general experience on mild stroker is that they often need less timing then stock. Only way to do that correctly (find MBT) is on a dyno.

Potential Tuner
    Just for clarification I am running the following:
    2004 Jeep 4.0 stroked to 4.6
    Edelbrock 50169 head
    Banks header
    Com cams 163-301-5
    Fuel Injectors 028015619
    I have changed the spark table to max out around 36 degrees and currently am happy with the acceleration and no detectable knock running 91 octane gas. This changes has made the motor run better when accelerating from no or light load all the way to a 4500ish shift point.
    If anyone else needs help with a NA 4.0 / 4.6 let me know and I will provide what information I can.

I can help if you send me the file, I revised the cam specs, I saw very low numbers so you can get better results with a bigger cam and still keep daily driving

Potential Tuner
    I just installed my 4.7L stroker with 9.5 compression, custom comp cam (201/218 dur, .478/.494 lift, 114 LSA, 111 centerline), 24lb injectors, 63mm tb, LS valves & springs, etc. in my 5 speed 98 wrangler. It’s running great with no codes or detonation. I’m looking into tuning and just bought a WB Aem 30-4110. Are you using a WB? Where did you place the sensor? Any other setup advice?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by suppfalt View Post
    Just for clarification I am running the following:
    2004 Jeep 4.0 stroked to 4.6
    Edelbrock 50169 head
    Banks header
    Com cams 163-301-5
    Fuel Injectors 028015619
    I have changed the spark table to max out around 36 degrees and currently am happy with the acceleration and no detectable knock running 91 octane gas. This changes has made the motor run better when accelerating from no or light load all the way to a 4500ish shift point.
    If anyone else needs help with a NA 4.0 / 4.6 let me know and I will provide what information I can.
    I'm playing around with a friend's 4.6, any chance I could get a look at your timing table and maybe power enrichment stuff if you've been using it? Threw just a couple degrees around up top, set displacement and updated injector specs but haven't gone too far til we get a wideband in and I'm gonna attempt to make some knock ears, but would love to see what you've done with a very similar build