Thread: 2002 Mustang GT, EEC-V, FIC 775CC

Advanced Tuner

2002 Mustang GT, EEC-V, FIC 775CC

2002 Mustang GT with EEC-V, I have just installed FIC 775cc injectors. Updated the tune file using the provide injector data from FIC website. Unable to get the vehicle to run with just injector change.

I am looking for information on the fuel injector tables.
    On these EEC-V computers what is the correct method of adjusting the injector multiplier tables?

injector multiplier tables.png
    -Flow Rate Low Mult vs. Pressure
    -Flow Rate High Mult vs. Pressure
    -Breakpoint Mult vs. Pressure
    -Comp Mult vs. Voltage
    -Offset Mult vs. Pressure

Here are the stock values for each of those tables.
    stock values.png

Flow Rate Low Mult vs. Pressure, Flow Rate High Mult vs. Pressure, Breakpoint Mult vs. Pressure are all the same as below.

Pressure Delta Mult
    128 1.2250
    60 1.2250
    40 1
    20 0.7070
    0 0
    0 0

Comp Mult vs. Voltage

V Multiplier
    16 0.78125
    14 0.78125
    11 1.25
    10 1.46875
    8 3.1875
    6 4.1875
    0 4.1875
    0 4.1875
    0 4.1875
    0 4.1875
    0 4.1875
    0 4.1875

Offset Mult vs. Pressure

Pressure Mult
    128 1
    0 1
    0 1
    0 1
    0 1
    0 1
    0 1

Here is what I used for the base file for using the FIC 775cc injectors.
    FIC values.png
    https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/FORD-DATA/FORD-0775 - website link for the data
    FICLINIC_775_FORDDATA_SCT_WEBSITE_RAILTEMP (1).xlsx

I feel like changing the row axis for each of the multiplier tables is causing this issue, as I can input the stock values for each multiplier tables and the car will run.
    So what am I missing here?

Advanced Tuner
    So let me be more blunt with this one. I need help getting the injector data imported correctly. With "2002 Mustang - FIC 775cc Injectors" file I am unable to get the vehicle to start up.
    Just to add, this car has a Paxton Novi 2200 with BA2600 MAF running "OE style" fuel system.

Here is the stock tune file.
    2002 Mustang - Stock.hpt

Here is the latest tune file with Ford 42lb injectors.
    2002 Mustang - Ford 42lb Injectors.hpt

Here is the base tune file that I created using the provided FIC data for FIC 775cc injectors.
    2002 Mustang - FIC 775cc Injectors.hpt

Here is the provided FIC injector data for the 775cc injectors.
    FICLINIC_775_FORDDATA_SCT_WEBSITE_RAILTEMP.xlsx

Can you look over the "FIC 775cc Injectors" tune file and tell me what I have done wrong with the fuel injector data?

Advanced Tuner
    Update to this post.
    I have had some very nice help from Fuel Injector Clinic (FIC), trying to figure out the proper way to input the injector data for the FIC 775cc into the EEC-V ECU using HP Tuners.

From FIC
    "Try flipping around axis to match the factory strategy i.e.. Largest to smallest, from top down. You?ll need to do this for the voltage offset table as well, as that appears to be reversed in the factory strategy as well."

"A big question here is: are there too many data points for this older computer?s processing power. We can see in the stock file that they only use 4 data points for a lot of these multiplier tables, while leaving the remainder 0."

"Attached is a file where I have reformatted the data to mimic the same number of data points as the factory strategy, as well I?ve rescaled the values so that the 1 multiplier is your pressure reference of 40 psi. The injector slopes and breakpoint were adjusted accordingly using your 0.47 multiplier."

So with that information, we created the following tune file.
    2002 Mustang - FIC 775cc Injectors - Stock Table Format Data - Rev. 1.hpt

Changes to note attached file vs the base file that I made using the provided data:
    -Flow rates adjusted because the data was scaled for 58psi and now scaled for 40psi.
    -All multiplier tables amount of data points are set to the amount that were originally provided in the stock file, also adjusted for the referenced fuel pressure of 40psi.

The car now starts up and running, but smoke a lot out the exhaust (I don't see a way to monitor injector pulse width in HP Tuners). Going double check all injector connections and noid light test each injector circuit. If all checks out good, I am going to try and heat cycle it to make sure it is not from previous tune change attempts.

Issue I am also having right now as well, is bank to bank fuel trims were opposite one another (bank 1 averaging -10% to -2% while bank 2 averaging +2% to +10%). It was not having this issue before the injectors, and is the reason for me double checking everything before running here again.

Advanced Tuner
    Injector Data is for 74 or 75LB injectors. The MAF will be most of the issue if you copied over the data for HP correctly.
    I can send you an htt file with the changes you can compare with yours. [email protected]
    Last edited by mstang_man; 06-14-2022 at 04:44 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    sent you an email.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkTucker View Post
    sent you an email.
    replied back.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    Injector Data is for 74 or 75LB injectors. The MAF will be most of the issue if you copied over the data for HP correctly.
    I can send you an htt file with the changes you can compare with yours. [email protected]
    Mark,
    I general on the newer car tuning LTFT to disable along with Maf adaptation, Cylair anticipation would put you into open loop, i havent done any older mustang with HP i use SCT for that. I zeroed out the TPS for WOT table its set to 550.0000 stock the file i sent you v3.1 will have it all (0)'s. this is what i would so in SCT. It should be in open loop and running off the front o2 senors. you may need to either +/- fuel from the transfer function have to see when you try to start the car and see what the AIR Fuel reads and go from there.