Thread: How to connect GM MAP sensor to MPVI2+

Potential Tuner

How to connect GM MAP sensor to MPVI2+

I'd like to use an extra GM 3 wire MAP sensor to log crankcase pressure. How would I connect it to my MPVI2+ pro using the pro link+ cable?

Anyone done this before? The car is an '09 Z06.
    Last edited by wjnjr; 06-09-2022 at 11:29 PM.

The 5v supply from the ECM can feed multiple sensors, in fact some platforms have only one single 5v circuit inside on the board that feeds multiple pins for every single 3-wire sensor on the engine. Some platforms have 2 or 3 5v circuits, but all of them feed multiple sensors.

screenshot.09-06-2022 22.18.52.png screenshot.09-06-2022 22.21.21.png

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah, The 5v reference is readily available. The real question is: What to do with the other two wires on the sensor? One is a ground. Should that be connected to the car, the MPVI2+ thru the Pro Link, or both? The other wire is a voltage signal that varies with pressure. Will that work with one of the inputs on the Pro Link?

A 3-wire GM MAP is an analog sensor, it outputs a varying DC voltage between 0.5 and 4.5 volts. Analog sensor. Analog input. Analog channel in the scanner. Ground for the sensor from the prolink 'GND' wire.

Potential Tuner
    Sounds easy enough. I'll give it a try, thanks. BTW, have you actually done this before?

With the prolink, no.

Potential Tuner
    I made a little harness to power the MAP sensor off the same +5v reference buss and provide the same low reference (ground) that all the other sensors use. It also runs the MAP sensor variable voltage signal and ground to the interior of the car where it connects to my ProLink. The sensor output connects to the ProLink red wire and the ground to the ProLink black wire. Then added a channel and a chart for the new MAP sensor in VCM scanner. Works like a champ.