Thread: 6.4 Rail Pressure Control for Bigger Injectors

Tuner

6.4 Rail Pressure Control for Bigger Injectors

Installed some 100% injectors in a truck and am fighting a drop in pressure. Asking for 24655psi but in the upper RPM am seeing a drop. I am wondering if the FASS is causing a problem or if the PCV isn't running high enough duty cycle. I have raised the duty cycle max to 95% but I never see it go higher than 57% in the log. Wondering if I need to adjust the precontrol duty cycle higher (Not defined by HPT) to get it closer so the PID controller doesn't have to run so far. I tried increasing the PID Control Max up but then the truck wouldn't start, going down didn't make a change in the right direction. Does anyone have any experience with this?

You still on single pump? 60% and over requires twin pumps to keep up. The K16 is better than a CP3 but only marginally. I?m running a new single and starting to run out of fuel with 30 overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadams87 View Post
    Installed some 100% injectors in a truck and am fighting a drop in pressure. Asking for 24655psi but in the upper RPM am seeing a drop. I am wondering if the FASS is causing a problem or if the PCV isn't running high enough duty cycle. I have raised the duty cycle max to 95% but I never see it go higher than 57% in the log. Wondering if I need to adjust the precontrol duty cycle higher (Not defined by HPT) to get it closer so the PID controller doesn't have to run so far. I tried increasing the PID Control Max up but then the truck wouldn't start, going down didn't make a change in the right direction. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Single or dual pumps?

If single you'll need a II stroker pump to hold 100s at something resonable.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB