Thread: MPVI2+ Data Logging - Requires Resync but "Resync failed.NameResolutionFailure"

Tuner in Training

MPVI2+ Data Logging - Requires Resync but "Resync failed.NameResolutionFailure"

I have an MPVI2+Pro. Latest Scanner Software. Latest Firmware in MPVI2+. Connected via USB to PC, Plugged into OBD2 port and Ignition on. When trying to setup Data Logging, I get Resync Resources required but response is "Resync failed.NameResolutionFailure". I am too far to get an internet connection if that is what is required. I really need the standalone data logging.

Tuner in Training
    I answered my own question. You do need an internet connection to execute this function. So I ran a 200' CAT5 Ethernet connection to my laptop in the car.

Tuner in Training
    You also need to be connected to the vehicle's OBD2 port and Ignition On and Vehicle Connected, otherwise the Data Logging function cannot find the MPVI2+ Interface! That makes no sense at all. I should be able to set up the data logging in my office, not require connecting to the vehicle.