Thread: 6.2 Engine/Trans Tune?

6.2 Engine/Trans Tune?

I just bought a 2017 Silverado with the 6.2. It looks like I need to send in and unlock the TCM to allow the tuning process to begin. Does anyone have a good tune for a stock 6.2 or can point me in right direction on what to change? Any good links or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    2003 Galaxy Silver Limited Edition GTP
    Mods: 2.8 MPS | S2IC | XP CAM | GEN V | 65# | E85 | TOGS | N* TB | HPT PRO | Impala Brakes | BUILT TRANS w/3.29 GRS

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 6.2
    Mods: HPT PRO

Tuning Addict
    You have to have the ecm and tcm both unlocked and right now there aren't any chips - or at least the last I heard - to do this.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I would have to send both the TCM and ECM to hptuners to unlock just to begin tuning? Only thing im seeing is for 2019+ for the ecm. Then still purchase credits? How many credits will I need?

How do we adjust the throttle sensitivity like the other programmers do such as pulsar? Is that under the driver demand table? Any experiences with changes to this?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpo View Post
    I would have to send both the TCM and ECM to hptuners to unlock just to begin tuning? Only thing im seeing is for 2019+ for the ecm. Then still purchase credits? How many credits will I need?
    No, you only have to send the TCM to be unlocked. The ECM will tune just as a normal one, except you have to be connected to Wifi.
    I've got a 2016 Denali myself. You'll notice a big difference with a proper tune.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    No, you only have to send the TCM to be unlocked. The ECM will tune just as a normal one, except you have to be connected to Wifi.
    I've got a 2016 Denali myself. You'll notice a big difference with a proper tune.
    Want to share what you all changed?

Senior Tuner
    Here's my current tune.

2016gmcdenali62Lkwtruckmod9.hpt

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpo View Post
    I didn't read the post close enough. Yes ecm only for 19+... Also as stated there is a lot to gain even stock - especially mpg wise. But that requires modding things that aren't typically touched.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Am I able to just credit the ECM and make those changes and then credit the TCM when available to do transmission tuning at a later date or do I have to credit both before I can tune the ECM?