Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: injector change running rich

Tuner in Training

injector change running rich

p59 with 12613412 injector i change data i found on here.. but its running rich everywhere i did some correction is it normal to do tunning all over again if data are right or i dont have good injector data ?

Sans titre.png

Post your tune and a log and you will get more responce
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

If you bought 12613412s from the cheapest random ebay listing you could find, you probably have fakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h8n2hQWlaA

Tuner in Training
    they are used oem injector but not flow tested

For one thing, you're not in closed loop because you have O2 heater DTCs. And that injector flow rate is only correct if you're running a referenced regulator at something other than 58psi, and have done the conversion so that it matches your actual fuel pressure. You described precisely nothing about the rest of your fuel system.

The fuck is this?

screenshot.13-06-2022 02.49.08.png

The MAF also looks like a drunk guy beat on it with a hammer.

/shakes head, walks away

Its mount kilomapbaro!!

My injector swap only needed minimal adjustments.
    But prior to my upgrade my air flow tables were pretty dialed and I had very accurate data to input (went from stockers to flex to accommodate running E85)...

I'm assuming you are using the A/C input for a wideband to create an error log for corrections?
    If so had you used this in the past? Are you 100% sure its setup correctly? (as mentioned, the VE table posted says there is something wrong with the process).

Why did you swap injectors in the first place, upgrade or did you have performance issues?
    You say they are used, did you know the donor car to be a good running car?

Do you have the Tune prior to the swap and adjustments?

As blindsquirrel said, you need to tell us more about your fuel system for anyone to be able to help with the conversation for your data:
    Return or Returnless
    Vacuum referenced regulator
    Rail Pressure
    ETC...
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    yeah using a/c for my wb its seam right.. what seam wrong in the process ? its my first time to tune.. it was not done tuning before the injector swap.. i change them cause i was hiting like 105 duty on stock truck injector.. and was still lean so that why i change for those 12613412

fuel system is return style with stock regulator vacuum referenced .. 52 psi at the fuel rail mesure with a gauge

here my latest file before swap injector

the tune is probably bad but im trying to learn haha

canyon basemap 2022 5.3 cam tune2.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by T0mmy_boy1 View Post
    yeah using a/c for my wb its seam right.. what seam wrong in the process ? its my first time to tune.. it was not done tuning before the injector swap.. i change them cause i was hiting like 105 duty on stock truck injector.. and was still lean so that why i change for those 12613412

fuel system is return style with stock regulator vacuum referenced .. 52 psi at the fuel rail mesure with a gauge

here my latest file before swap injector

the tune is probably bad but im trying to learn haha

canyon basemap 2022 5.3 cam tune2.hpt
    Is this the original file, meaning it was running good with this VE Table?
    (as blindsquirrel pointed out, this aint good, almost cant be stock)

I'm thinking you need a fresh start.
    Do you have an original read from your ECM?

I'm looking at your injector flow

Tuner in Training
    yes i have a original before i change anything

it was running ok before i change injector not perfect but drive ok and was at 14.7 most of the time when looking at wideband

Tuner in Training
    before i start again i want to be sure my injector data is right

and i was only tunning maf with new injector i dont have done anything to the ve table
    Last edited by T0mmy_boy1; 06-13-2022 at 07:22 PM.

and i was only tunning maf with new injector i dont have done anything to the ve table
    Understood, but if the VE is that far off I believe it can make a difference on things like start up, throttle transitions.
    If it was me I would find a stock table and put in there even for MAF only tuning.

I'm no expert, but I believe your injector data is okay.
    Please double check me.

This conversation sheet has L96 data converted to your file. Since you are vacuum referenced and running 50 PSI you use the 348kpa column straight across, which appears to be what you did.

This sheet shows some different values for the offset vs voltage?
    But since you are vacuum referenced I believe you use the "0" column all the way across, as you have.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Where did the Injector data come from?

Tuner in Training
    ls1 tech here and ewalt auto tuning i compare some data but they were all different a little bit

for the offset table i take data at 0 kpa and paste everywhere ( since im vaccuum referenced ) is that right ? picture original post

and default injector pulsewidth should be same across the rpm ? the data i found was 0 after 3600 rpm

ls1 tech here and ewalt auto tuning i compare some data but they were all different a little bit

for the offset table i take data at 0 kpa and paste everywhere ( since im vaccuum referenced ) is that right ? picture original post

and default injector pulsewidth should be same across the rpm ? the data i found was 0 after 3600 rpm
    I believe you are good
    But as I said I'm not expert here, and really would hate to be the guy giving bad advice.

You mentioned you were only Tuning MAF
    This Tune posted is not set to MAF only

Tuner in Training
    your right here what i used for maf

canyon basemap 2022 5.3 cam tune2 injector 12613412 maf 3.4.hpt

it is really juste injector data that i want to be sure is good to continu to learn how to dial my maf table after running good in maf ill do ve table

and thanks everyone that help me here!

52psi at the rail, with the vacuum line disconnected and plugged? What's pressure with the vacuum line connected? Did you verify that pressure is steady on throttle snaps and WOT pulls, with the vacuum line disconnected?

Use all of the converted injector data from one single source. Take any 3 people doing the conversion and they will come up with different numbers, so if you use part from this one and another part from that one, you might as well just fill in random numbers.

If you built that VE table based on collected data, one of 3 things is happening - 1, the wideband data is wrong; 2, injector data is wrong; 3, your fuel pump has shit the bed.

Or, well, one of 4 things - 4, the way you're collecting/applying the error data is wrong. The first file you posted is still in MAF+VE blended mode. To tune the VE you have to fail the MAF and make 100% sure it is running in speed density mode. To tune the MAF you have to put it in MAF-only. To get valid data out of the wideband you have to 100% make sure it's in open loop (because you have set it that way, not because it has O2 faults) and that all trims are reporting 0.00%.