Thread: ECM1 fuse pop

ECM1 fuse pop

Put a new tune in my 02 tahoe earlier. It started up and idled fine for about 10 minutes. Went to back up out of the driveway, stopped and switched to drive and the truck just shut off. Tried restarting and it just cranked. Pulled the truck back up in the yard and the gas gauge went from half tank to empty. Smacked the tank thinking it was the pump, nothing. Got the code reader out and it showed up the P0178 fuel composition sensor voltage low code. Checked wiring everywhere i could think of and all was good. Decided to check fuses and got to the ECM1 fuse under the hood and it was blown. Was a 10a in there but all i had was a 20. Put it in and it fired right up no problem. I went into the tune and disabled the flex fuel and turned the codes off to no error reported. Drove the truck around a few miles and came back with no issues. I was wondering if I might of fixed the issue this way or just bandaided it lol. Anyone else ran into this issue before? I dont plan on running any type of flex fuel and only run 89 octane pump gas through it. Can I just keep the tune the way it is with the flex disabled and the codes turned off, or will I need to put an adapter between the fuel lines to totally bypass it incase it fails again?
    02 Tahoe, Rebuilt 5.3, PRC 2.5 heads, BTR Stg2 V2 cam, 50lb Injectors, Speed Engineering LT's, Offroad Y, Magnaflow catback, Built 4L60, NP241 swap etc etc...

According to the Power Distribution diagram, the flex sensor and PCM C1/19 are the only things on that ECM 1 fuse, so it's either a bad component or an intermittent short to ground in one of those two wires.

screenshot.12-06-2022 19.21.58.png

If the flex sensor is shorting to ground inside, disabling flex & codes for it while leaving it plugged in will not stop it from blowing the fuse again.

Ok thanks man. I checked all the wiring underneath since i have longtubes and nothing was burnt anywhere. This all just happened out of the blue with no warning at all. With the current tune disabling flex, turning the codes off, and then unplugging the sensor will that work to completely disable it with no issues or will i need to put a fuel line bypass in there as well? I just want to get rid of it
    02 Tahoe, Rebuilt 5.3, PRC 2.5 heads, BTR Stg2 V2 cam, 50lb Injectors, Speed Engineering LT's, Offroad Y, Magnaflow catback, Built 4L60, NP241 swap etc etc...

Ended up finding 3 broken rear 02 wires on the drivers side inside the harness. Not sure if those are tied into that same circuit or not. Got the wiring fixed and it runs fine at the moment. Guess we'll see in the future lol