Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning my old 2000 Silverado with some mods. Have a few HP Tuners questions.

Senior Tuner
    Until you check the state of the pins, how do you know whether it is your harness or the ECM that isn't doing what you want?

Tuner in Training
    So I've done some more poking around. When I manually ground out the wires for the fan harness, only the blue wire causes anything to happen. Touching the green wire does NOTHING. Alone, or grounded with the blue. . Now, If i remove the white wire from Positive and replace it with the BLUE, then grounding the white makes all fan come on HIGH. Green still does nothing. lol.. But I think the harness and relays were wired wrong. I've ordered another.

Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Until you check the state of the pins, how do you know whether it is your harness or the ECM that isn't doing what you want?
    Or the 'Qlrhsdtn'-brand Amazon Special relay gitup... that the reviews specifically mention comes with no instructions...

I wouldn't touch some mystery import junk like this until I reverse engineered it and drew up my own diagrams and corrected anything they got wrong, but I'm weird like that.

Tuner in Training
    [/QUOTE] I own the crimpers for these types of connectors, as I repair electronics for a living. [/QUOTE]
    if your persistant you'll get it. i have faith.
    im a carpenter and i made my own ''05 fan harness" out of spare parts and i crimped everything with my hammer
    you should own a cheap multimeter and check the circuit before going hot.
    as far as pcm wires the one relay needs to be a 5 pin and its job is switching series and parallel, the other wire just says on or off. ohm the fan leads, if you ever wired a pair of subwoofers its the same practice. i really wanna know what the culprit is.

Tuner in Training
    I own the crimpers for these types of connectors, as I repair electronics for a living. [/QUOTE]
    if your persistant you'll get it. i have faith.
    im a carpenter and i made my own ''05 fan harness" out of spare parts and i crimped everything with my hammer
    you should own a cheap multimeter and check the circuit before going hot.
    as far as pcm wires the one relay needs to be a 5 pin and its job is switching series and parallel, the other wire just says on or off. ohm the fan leads, if you ever wired a pair of subwoofers its the same practice. i really wanna know what the culprit is.[/QUOTE]

Oh, so after some more digging, here's what they did making this harness. (and I usually have really good luck with the cheap junk I get off amazon, and I really figured something simple like this would've been simple from them to get right. But I guess I have them too much faith... They have it wired in such a way, than the ground from the PCM "FAN 2" just goes back to the "GROUND"... There are 3 relays. I'll call them 1,2,3. R1 provides power to 2&3, but also triggers 2&3. The fans don't work independent, they are wired fully in series. so when Fan1 is turned on, R1 powers, turning on R2&R3, and turning on both fans (in series). From what I can tell, there is no way to break these into a setup that would switch them back to parallel, allowing for a Low/High speed setup. I'm not fully done working on the circuit, since I'm still troubleshooting my 1st start cam tuning issues and running the fans on LOW is ok for me at the moment. Once I figure out how to rebuild their harness I'll make an easy to follow diagram and upload it to here so it's available...

Now... Who who's about IDLE tuning a CAM when its Drive By Cable?

Tuner in Training
    Also wondering... what exactly does the OS Speed Density patches do? Enhanced vs 2bar?

Potential Tuner
    hola amigo, esta melodia que as adjuntado es de stock? me sirve para una silverado 5.3 del 2002? mi problema es que no tengo la lectura stock y quiero dejar los ajustes de fabrica para comenzar a modificar, gracias.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sebas1993 View Post
    hola amigo, esta melodia que as adjuntado es de stock? me sirve para una silverado 5.3 del 2002? mi problema es que no tengo la lectura stock y quiero dejar los ajustes de fabrica para comenzar a modificar, gracias.
    If you're looking for the stock tune, you can find it at hptuners.com... Login to your HPTuners account. at the upper right, click "welcome"... Then on the left find the button "Tune Repository" and you'll be able to find stock tune files there. Cheers.