Thread: Need Confirmation - Does Oil Temp impact fueling/timing/anything?

Tuner in Training

Need Confirmation - Does Oil Temp impact fueling/timing/anything?

E38 ECU with SD 2 bar OS (12606732 -> 1250202) for Corvette LS2 (orignally). As far as I can tell, there's zero modifiers that take into account Oil Temp, is this correct?

For thoese wondering why I ask, The C6 has the oil level/temp sensor in the oil pan on the same stick. The pan I have doesn't have room for it with the baffling (milodon) so we just zip tied it to the side of the motor for now. It can read stupid high temps for obvious reasons.

I do have a project to confirm I can wire that temp wire to a GM coolant temp sensor, if so, I got a spot in the oil lines for it (can any one confirm the ohm's are the same?!?!?! )

Hey, let's play 20 Questions!

screenshot.13-06-2022 14.27.58.png

Does changing this to match the configuration you want to use not change the behavior?

What is it set to now?

Has it been changed?

Tuner in Training
    It's at Calc ECM, not sure if previous tuners over time have flipped this option.

I'm just wondering if there are any possible modifies that oil temp can affect any behavior at all.

Does the displayed temp change at all if you de-pin the signal wire at the sender? It's a 3-wire combo oil level/oil temp sender, right?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Does the displayed temp change at all if you de-pin the signal wire at the sender? It's a 3-wire combo oil level/oil temp sender, right?
    I have not de-pinned anything yet. Yes, it's the 3 wire level/oil temp sender. I did procure a new one just to ohm it, and my meter was dead, got a new one just recently.

Some platforms have the oil temp sensor wire going only to the cluster, and is info-display-only, it's not used for any calcs in other modules. Even though they have a physical sensor they still use the guesswork algorithm to estimate oil temp. Some platforms use the temp sensor for both actual data to the ECM and also the cluster/DIC.