Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey guys, can you please help me look over my tune?

Quote Originally Posted by danyilboon9 View Post
    I just tried the opel wot cam settings on my car and it fell on its face lol.
    What are the default cam settings for your car?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post701399
    Here's a few logs with different combinations that i tried in a post below this one.

Edit:

Also i just noticed... when you hover over the WOT Desired Angle Base button, in the lower right corner it mentions a range of expected numbers inside. On a Cruze, this is 0 to +32 degrees. On the Opel files this is -64 degrees to +64 degrees.

I'll post a more detailed explanation in the thread i linked
    Last edited by sbarisic; 09-26-2022 at 02:50 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarisic View Post
    What are the default cam settings for your car?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post701399
    Here's a few logs with different combinations that i tried in a post below this one.

Edit:

Also i just noticed... when you hover over the WOT Desired Angle Base button, in the lower right corner it mentions a range of expected numbers inside. On a Cruze, this is 0 to +32 degrees. On the Opel files this is -64 degrees to +64 degrees.

I'll post a more detailed explanation in the thread i linked
    wot.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by danyilboon9 View Post
    Yes, when copypasting my numbers into your table you have to multiply them by 0.25. They're represented differently across our software.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarisic View Post
    Yes, when copypasting my numbers into your table you have to multiply them by 0.25. They're represented differently across our software.
    I seen your other post about it. This is what it came up with not much of a change lol.

wot adjusted.jpgwot adjusted.jpg9-18-22-1.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Good morning (over here from europe)

Maybe it is too early for me to post, this or I am not awake yet, BUT did you forge your engine internals?

2022-09-28 07_27_27-VCM Editor - C__Users_Jurek Kretschmann_Downloads_9-18-22-1.hpt.png

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenbreast View Post
    Good morning (over here from europe)

Maybe it is too early for me to post, this or I am not awake yet, BUT did you forge your engine internals?

2022-09-28 07_27_27-VCM Editor - C__Users_Jurek Kretschmann_Downloads_9-18-22-1.hpt.png
    If your are talking about me, no it's stock. I am sure my tune is all sorts of messed up.

So, i visited a dyno recently and tested just different boost levels. This is a K04 turbo, the results are as follows

Wastegate spring pressure
    0.8 bar
    216 Nm - 4500 RPM
    167 HP - 5900 RPM

bar_080.jpg

1.3 bar
    258 Nm - 4100 RPM
    187 HP - 6500 RPM

bar_130.jpg

1.5 bar
    280 Nm - 4200 RPM
    185 HP - 5600 RPM

bar_150.jpg

Anything above 1.2 bar does not really increase horsepower in the upper range on the stock motor.
    Valves do really float and the cams don't breathe well at all. In fact, you just lose power due to additional heating with bigger boost.
    The manifold intake temperature just climbs even with a bigger intercooler.

I ordered the ZZP performance cam, valves and retainers because of this. Will post more results in a month or two when i finish installing.

Tuner in Training
    I have that set up, it's pretty good but it moves the power band up a lot and is rough on the cam journals. I have an issue right now with the journals being marred, I suggest line honing first. The Cam doesn't make much power below 2500 RPM, but the extra lift comes through very strong up top. I also ported my heads on both intake and exhaust, which I think should help the bottom end. Regardless I had to downsize my charge piping from 2.5" back down to 2" to get my bottom end back. ZZP refuses to give out the cam specs, so it's tough to get an idea of what's happening. Cam timing is definitely on the agenda when I hit the dyno.

Very nice, my powerband doesn't exist below 3000 RPM anyway so that's not a problem. Maybe you just had bad luck with some bad finishing or stray material in the oil, my engine has 62k miles on it right now (100k kilometers).

As for the cam timing, this will be done on the dyno some time in the next month and i'll definitely post the results and cam angles here.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I'm not sure. Could definitely have been some stray material from when my spark plug electrode melted and destroyed the piston and valve. But I kinda suspect the stiffer springs and higher lift lobe played a part. I am going to port another head and have some Dura-Bond inserts sprayed and installed in the journals after an oversize line hone. I'm definitely interested in those cam numbers though. You should make way better numbers with all this stuff in. Looking forward to the report

Tuner in Training
    What ever happened with the cam timing? Get dialed in?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplyjesse View Post
    What ever happened with the cam timing? Get dialed in?
    Nothing yet, waiting for warmer weather so i can actually install them. Constant rain doesn't help when wrenching outside.

Also this post mentions the outlines of what to do.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post718576

cams.jpg

Cams have been installed, finally! It lacks torque on the bottom end, as expected. I'll book the dyno soon so we'll get proper power numbers.

On cold start there's some aggressive overlap, but after a few seconds it stops, even on stock calibration.

Tuner in Training
    Nice man. I ended up grinding the shit out of my ZZP cam, so I bought another head and put the stock intake cam back in along with another stock intake as the exhaust cam while using the V3 ZZP turbo (with springs and retainers from zzp). I really like it, no numbers yet but it feels good. Only problem really is that it doesn't spool til 4K, but it ramps pretty good. I finally figured out how to tune the wastegate and that made a huge difference. I get knock at 25 lbs. with 91 octane E10, so it's on to E85 next. I'm trying to dial in my launch now but can't get it to rev past 4K with the clutch in, but this is how I learn. Problem after problem. Haha. Can't wait to see those numbers from your dyno sesh.