Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proper tuning order, after its running

Then your injector data is wrong. The '06 LS2 was returnless, and the data is set up different with returnless vs referenced.

Ahhh crap. I thought that was sorted with the conversion using the gen 4 to gen 3 sheet.

This is assuming you have 58psi with engine running and regulator vacuum line disconnected... the flow rate & offset tables will need to be taken from a different column of the LS2 tables if your base pressure is anything other than 58.

25 Jun 2022 - SD tune - inj data.hpt

Thanks I will take a look, need to update my software to read that and my laptop it being an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Keep View Post
    Thanks I will take a look, need to update my software to read that and my laptop it being an ass.
    What version are you running?
    Be cautious of upgrading
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

I don't think Gen3 files ever had any of the stuff that was removed in the recent editor versions.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I don't think Gen3 files ever had any of the stuff that was removed in the recent editor versions.
    Oh
    Okay
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Thanks for the warning. I have a completely separate laptop with an older version of HPTuners (4.2.12). I do not own that laptop and was told "DO NOT UPGRADE IT" so I won't. But I did get the newer version to run and looked up the differences between those two files.

I updated the Flow Rate table and the Offset vs Volts vs VAC table. I will load it up this morning and go for a drive.

Didn't mean to bail last night while you were all helping....

Quote Originally Posted by Keep View Post
    Thanks for the warning. I have a completely separate laptop with an older version of HPTuners (4.2.12). I do not own that laptop and was told "DO NOT UPGRADE IT" so I won't. But I did get the newer version to run and looked up the differences between those two files.

I updated the Flow Rate table and the Offset vs Volts vs VAC table. I will load it up this morning and go for a drive.

Didn't mean to bail last night while you were all helping....
    I believe Short Pulse Adder and Min Pulse Rate are important too (I didn't look at the files so if they were the same sorry)

The spreadsheet handles the short pulse adder & min pulse tables correctly, and the data in those two doesn't change by regulator type.

Okay.

I have corrected the injector data. But I still cannot get the warmup to fatten up without screwing up the whole VE table.

Once the engine warmups up and is put in gear, it sits at 14.7. But as you can see in the attached log. Warmup is 15.6 on higher.

What table do I need to adjust to fix the warm up ratio. I know this is going to be something simple, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

And again, thanks in advance.

3 jul 2022 - 1.hpt
    2 jul 22 - warmup.hpl
    3 jul warmup.hpl

(next question will be on the timing, as I am pretty sure the upper end timing is way to high, it keeps dumping timing if I hammer it) One thing at a time.

Wait... I think... maybe?

[Engine] [Fuel] [Open Loop/Base] [Cold/Warmup]

Would this be the table to add fuel to?

A VE table is for stabilized fuel at operating temperature. You do not dial in VR until the engine is at operating temperature. If you need warm-up, tip-in, etc fueling, you address those tables (after VR is sorted). This can be a combination of changing commanded AFR and the adders associated.

Cold engines suffer from poor/incomplete combustion, that's the reason for cold enrichment and delaying closed loop. If it runs OK during warmup you should not chase a particular number on the wideband.

Not so much worried about chasing a number as melting the engine So what is a "dangerous" AF? I mean whats the "oh shit" turn it off number?

I will keep an eye on it. Of course this will most likely all change when I finish the VE tuning and turn everything back on.

How do you melt an engine at idle from a lean mixture? And besides, that number on your wideband isn't real since the engine is still cold. If it runs OK when cold it's not too lean. Ignore the WB until it's at 150-160* coolant temp because what it's measuring in the pipe is not related to what is happening inside the cylinder, which is where it matters, and what's in the pipe is only representative of what's inside the cylinder after it's up to normal temp.

Got it. Thanks.