Thread: WOT Maf tuning

Tuner in Training

WOT Maf tuning

I am getting close to being able to start tuning my maf for wot. I have a few questions.

Do you make one wot run per log and make changes in between or do you do multiple WOT runs on one log and make changes?

Can this be done in 3rd gear or should i do it in 4th as it will go up to a higher speed?

I am not ready for wot tuning yet but i am getting close. Here is my logs and tune so far.

step4.hpl

15zl1 maf tuning trims only step6.hpt

Tuner
    3rd gear is fine on the street. Highlight your maf curve starting at 6900hz thru 10,200hz and click the smooth button 3 times. Do this before you log a pull. It's kinda humpy in some areas in between.
    One pull is fine per log until you know where fueling is at. You should put the engine back in closed loop to tune the cruise areas, use the O2's, stft......
    Last edited by ABADZL1; 06-13-2022 at 07:22 PM.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    3rd gear is fine on the street. Highlight your maf curve starting at 6900hz thru 10,200hz and click the smooth button 3 times. Do this before you log a pull. It's kinda humpy in some areas in between.
    One pull is fine per log until you know where fueling is at. You should put the engine back in closed loop to tune the cruise areas, use the O2's, stft......

Thanks, I will smooth it a few times first.

For the stft I should reset long term trims ever time correct?

Once cruise is set and I do WOT fueling. HOw many pulls do you normally like to see in a row showing spot on fueling?

Thank you

Tuner
    Disable the long terms. No need to reset them if they are not active. Your wot fueling will be pretty consistent each time. Once you set it, should stay there until you drive in cold weather, then you will notice it may be a little leaner.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    Disable the long terms. No need to reset them if they are not active. Your wot fueling will be pretty consistent each time. Once you set it, should stay there until you drive in cold weather, then you will notice it may be a little leaner.
    Thank you I will do that

Advanced Tuner
    3rd gear was the best compromise for me. In 2nd the RPM spun up too quickly; in 4th my speed quickly exceeded what is prudent on public streets.

Advanced Tuner
    just want to make sure i understand this as well. CLOSED LOOP, LTFT DISABLED, use STFT to copy/paste % half into the VVE table? Is MAF active for that?

Quote Originally Posted by LS ROB View Post
    just want to make sure i understand this as well. CLOSED LOOP, LTFT DISABLED, use STFT to copy/paste % half into the VVE table? Is MAF active for that?
    Rob
    They are tuning MAF only (At least that is what the posted tune is set for)
    I'm 99% sure they are saying use LTFT for anything other than PE, then once in PE use the wideband error.
    2 separate graphs used at the appropriate HZ values in the MAF table
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Quote Originally Posted by pannetron View Post
    3rd gear was the best compromise for me. In 2nd the RPM spun up too quickly; in 4th my speed quickly exceeded what is prudent on public streets.

: LOL!
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Advanced Tuner
    you should put the engine back in closed loop to tune the cruise areas, use the o2's, stft......

I guess i should have gave a little more information on that huh? lol i was asking about tuning cruise areas with the o2 sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by LS ROB View Post
    I guess i should have gave a little more information on that huh? lol i was asking about tuning cruise areas with the o2 sensors.
    Yes
    The suggestion is to tune cruise areas with STFT (disable LTFT)

BUT, they are talking MAF Only... You Asked about VVE
    Last edited by dhoagland; 06-14-2022 at 06:52 AM.