Thread: Polaris Ranger 900Xp Adjustments

Potential Tuner

Polaris Ranger 900Xp Adjustments

I have been playing with the stock file on my 15xp for a few weeks now, I have played with pedal settings, rpm limits, lower temps and all the normal things I can find people are changing. I am pretty familiar with HP in the automotive world, but was curious what people are finding with the stock limits on VE and Ignition? Where do these 900's like to end up for Air fuels, or spark advance? Any help would be appreciated, id rather not learn "trial by fire" unless I have to haha. I'm not looking at max effort stuff, just would like to have a bit more power than my buddies . Eventually I suppose if I need to I can run an AFR gauge into the exhaust I'm just not sure its quite necessary. TIA

Tuner in Training
    On my 2016 Ranger XP900 I am not able to keep the throttle open due to actual torque is exceeding demanded torque. Are you getting 100% throttle through the RPM range? I think tables are missing for my year and I have a ticket in. Once I can get the throttle to stay open then I can play with fuel and timing.

Quote Originally Posted by >>Archer> View Post
    On my 2016 Ranger XP900 I am not able to keep the throttle open due to actual torque is exceeding demanded torque. Are you getting 100% throttle through the RPM range? I think tables are missing for my year and I have a ticket in. Once I can get the throttle to stay open then I can play with fuel and timing.
    Want to post your stock map?

Tuner in Training
    No problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yep, I couldn't find the load limit tables... At least not where I normally see them (Torque Management -> General).

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion. I have had a ticket open since 5/24/22, hopefully they get it resolved soon.

No problem.

I had a hard time getting support until I posted a review on the HP Tuners thread on the RZR Forum. I was probably 10 minutes or less that I started getting replies and even contacted directly on FB Messenger. I still can't log anything useful, so I'm several weeks into a useless product for what I bought it for.

Just looked back and I never got a response from my dealer application, which I put in, in January. I don't really expect much from HPT, sadly.
    Last edited by jaz|TUNING; 06-16-2022 at 03:10 PM.