Thread: 2014 5.3 Engine tune

Potential Tuner

2014 5.3 Engine tune

I'm new to tuning but doing my best to catch up by reading/watching youtubers test and tune. With that being said I've been tuning the trans on my truck for a while and it fits my driving style just right. My truck previously had a TCM and ECM tune on it when I bought it. Had a dealer put a new transmission in it a couple months back and I'm pretty sure they wiped both of them and loaded factory back to them.

I've got the TCM back like I want it but I am curious if anyone has a factory tune I can look at to see if the ECM has been wiped or not. I want to know what im starting with, the engine side of tuning is definitely going to be struggle for me so trying to make sure I start off right. I will also be forever grateful if someone would throw a tune up here as a base that I could go off of to get started with mine.

2014 tune 7.hpt

Attached is my current tune.

Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Senior Tuner
    Your engine tune has been modified quite a bit. The DOD has been disabled. PE tables have been changed significantly. Timing tables have been changed as well. You might consider increasing the rev limiter a couple hundred rpm. Your 1-2 and 2-3 shift points are a bit higher than your rev limiter.

2014silverado53LblackjasonStock.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply, are you meaning for WOT or partial? I haven't played with the WOT side as much because the truck is on 36's and WOT doesn't transform her into a race car or anything Hahaha, ill check it out and mess with them some more.

As far as the engine side goes do you think its improvable? it runs like a champ and has good power but if there is room to make it better then i might try to dig into it. Definitely going to pull your tune up and look at the stuff you've pointed out. Thanks for that file!