Thread: Cruze bucking.

Tuner in Training

Cruze bucking.

2013 cruze 1.4t. I intermittently get a buck while letting off the throttle. I cannot figure it out. I assume its torque management.
    end3.hpl
    current halved torque factor.hpt
    end2.hpl

log end 3 starts at 3:02.19.781
    log end 2 starts at 2:05.36.445
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by danyilboon9; 06-14-2022 at 01:02 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Try logging TCC slip in your Scanner and seeing what occurs on that end when letting off the throttle. It could be the TCC locking/unlocking too quickly. I had issues with that in my 12 Impala (3.6 w/ a 6T70) and it ended up being the desired slip and the pressure ramping in and out. Additionally, that Torque Factor you adjusted only affects the transmission's upshifts, typically people don't go below .6 (or 60% scaling) for longevity concerns (deceasing scaling can lead to more load on clutches during shifts). I find that between .8-.875 (80% and 87.5% scaling respectively) feels best during shifts (if shift quality is a concern for you). You'll want to look at your Engine torque management if you still believe it is torque management causing your issue. I saw one event in your end3.hpl file at time 4:01 where it appeared to be a torque converter slip change after a WOT pull as you were letting off the throttle.

Advanced Tuner
    You do have torque shaping disabled...

Watch the BOV behavior as well.