Thread: Racerender and Racebox mini

Potential Tuner

Racerender and Racebox mini

I recently picked up a racebox mini (25hz gps logger) and did some laps on the N?rnburgring last week, logging was performed with Hary's laptimer on my android phone and video recorded with a recently purchased Gopro 8.
    Previously i have used an old Qstarz gps logger and a Gopro Hero 4 (the budget hero 4) and then just combined the log files and the video in Racerender without issues, only needed to sync the video and logfile.
    However now with the new camera/gps logger i cant seem to get any data from the logfile, all information is in the file but no matter how i do it i cant get racerender to show the accurate laptimes or speed.

I've uploaded the logfile here but had to cut it in half since it would not allow me to upload it otherwise.
    Any help would be appreciated since i just bought Racerender to finally allow to combine the videos and log files when i bought a better GPS logger and camera and instead of improving the videos now i cant even do what i could do with my old hardware and the free version..

Advanced Tuner
    Are you sure it was recorded in Harry's Lap Timer and not RaceChrono? The file itself looks like it came from RaceChrono with the export as "CSV v3", except with a ton of semi-colons everywhere. Try exporting with CSV v2 instead.

Screenshot (Jun 14, 2022 18_27_57).png

Alternatively, you can probably just delete lines 11 and 12 which are just giving additional info about each of the columns. After deleting those two lines, saving the file, and re-importing into RaceRender (i.e. Click Config on the Input File, Click Change File Selection, open the same file that has been updated, and click OK twice), then I was seeing a track map, and RaceRender seemed to recognize the location.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    Are you sure it was recorded in Harry's Lap Timer and not RaceChrono? The file itself looks like it came from RaceChrono with the export as "CSV v3", except with a ton of semi-colons everywhere. Try exporting with CSV v2 instead.

Screenshot (Jun 14, 2022 18_27_57).png

Alternatively, you can probably just delete lines 11 and 12 which are just giving additional info about each of the columns. After deleting those two lines, saving the file, and re-importing into RaceRender (i.e. Click Config on the Input File, Click Change File Selection, open the same file that has been updated, and click OK twice), then I was seeing a track map, and RaceRender seemed to recognize the location.

You are entirely correct, it was recorded with RaceChrono and not Harry's. Also i did as you adviced and exported it as CSV v2 and it works.
    Awesome that it was such a easy fix and thanks again so much for the help!