Thread: Unable to open .HPT files

Unable to open .HPT files

Hi,

I am new to HP Tuning so please bare with me.

I have downloaded VCM suite but I have not yet bought the MVPI2 interface, in the process of doing so.

Playing around with the software and with the sample files with VCM editor, I`m just wondering, I have downloaded some of the .HPT files shared on the forum but I cant seem open them as it states I have to connect with the MVPI2 interface, is that because I have not yet purchased the unit? All i want to do at this stage is get myself familiar before I make the purchase.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Some files require an MPVI2 device in order to open them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Hi Bill,

thanks for the reply, is that the case for all .HPT files? because I tried to open a few .HPT files with no success.

Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    The same thing happened to me. I'm waiting on my MPVI2+ to ship, but I wanted to preview some HPT Subaru files. Won't work. Only the sample files work. The other files I tried would not open unless I connected an MPVI2+ device.

Thanks Kev.

My mpvi2+ has been shipped.

Potential Tuner
    I can't open any forum posted .HPT files either, even with my MPVI2 connected to my computer. Just gets stuck on a box saying "reading from interface".. I can open files I've created no problem, but not others. Anyone have any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    Same here but mine says file from unknown source and it is translating

Hi Bill