Thread: controll pack manual trans engine dies

Tuner

controll pack manual trans engine dies

ford truck with 5.0 coyote and control pack there is no wheel speed signal i figured this is why it dies but cannot tell if there is a way to turn off or use something else to transition from accel to decell here is the log.

drives just fine when you come to a stop and are about 2k rpms it will just die.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by etm351; 06-15-2022 at 02:11 PM.

I recommend you hook up the speed sensor on your trans vs disabling it in the tune.

When I first got mine running, (07 mustang, Magnum XL swap) my speedo was not functioning correctly and it was causing other drivavility issues too. (as I put on the miles and learned the coyote's personality)

Hook up the speed sensor, and put the trans gear ratios for your trans into the tune (if other than the MT82). The control pack strategy is setup for the MT82 box. Get the speed as seen by the PCM as close as you can. Doing this will save you headaches in the future.
    Last edited by JuiceNA; 06-15-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Tuner
    that is what i thought i did not build the truck so there is no telling what they have on here speedo works but the ecm does not see the signal. It looks as if trans is pluged in and they sensor on the rear end is plugged in.
    David McLain
    [email protected]

Reading PCM live data, do you have a near accurate speed reading as seen by the PCM? Is the speedo cable driven? (you did not say what year truck)