Thread: Question on crankshaft postion relearn and error

Question on crankshaft postion relearn and error

So I did a crankshaft position sensor relearn from in the scanner software. It said it was successful after going to 4500 like it said. But when I do a read on to check for codes this is what I get. So is that trying to tell me that it didn't really learn it. I was getting a bunch of misfires in the log before and now I am not. But not sure if that is because it didn't learn the position so doesn't know. Also is that trying to tell me that the crankshaft position sensor has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

Thanks

Marty
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    The code should clear itself. If it's driving fine I would drive it for a few days and see if the code has disappeared. You'll know if it succeeds if it's running correctly.

I was finally able to get the crankshaft to relearn. Just had to up the RPM to 900. Then I was able to on the autel tablet. Now the code just says permanent. Hopefully will go away like you said after some driving.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mlecy View Post
    I was finally able to get the crankshaft to relearn. Just had to up the RPM to 900. Then I was able to on the autel tablet. Now the code just says permanent. Hopefully will go away like you said after some driving.
    That's great! Yes that code should go away.