Thread: Reducing torque management

Potential Tuner

Reducing torque management

Hi All,

I am looking to reduce torque management by about 50%. 2008 Saab 97x Aero built motor about 500hp. Just lost 3&4 gear due to no toque management. New transmission being built will handle the power but would like to add some torque management back in. Attached are tuned file and original. Thank you

SAAB_Upload2.hpt

SAAB_AsFound_Factory_Upload.hpt

That is not a stock file, CVN does not match and all the TM values are way different than a real stock file. No '08 9-7X in the repository but there is an '09, the TM settings should be the same.

Don't mess with Abuse Mode. It doesn't do what you probably think.

If you already burned up one transmission, do you think half of stock TM is really a good idea?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorelli1986 View Post
    Hi All,

I am looking to reduce torque management by about 50%. 2008 Saab 97x Aero built motor about 500hp. Just lost 3&4 gear due to no toque management. New transmission being built will handle the power but would like to add some torque management back in. Attached are tuned file and original. Thank you

SAAB_Upload2.hpt

SAAB_AsFound_Factory_Upload.hpt
    You can compare to a 08 Trailblazer SS file. From memory they are exactly the same.

Half torque management is a little cheap insurance. I wouldn't take it too hard. Trailblazer SS's will kill a trans in stock form all the time.

6400 RPM stock shifts in a very heavy vehicle making good power.. A stock 4l70 isn't going to cut it for long.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs