Thread: l67 e85 tip in kr.

l67 e85 tip in kr.

I know the v.e debate goes on forever both ways on the l67 platform. I have had this car for about 4 years on e85 and have not really had a kr problem. last year i installed new stainless valves and fixed valve sealing problems and it pulls better than it ever has. my question is i sometimes get a randon kr spike under sudden throttle stabs. spike looks like a shark tooth so i question if its real or not. have we learned if the v.e table is totally useless at this point? the research i found suggest that some o.s do and some don't. for shits and giggles i tried to bump up the v.e table by 20 -30 % and failed the map and try to start the car but it wouldn't start or run unless the maf was controlling the fuel. i dont have a scan yet but can try to get one. i do notice it more when the a.c is on2001 monte carlo.l67 e85 new build daily #4 3 deg removed after base afr correction.hpt
    2001 monte carlo swapped l67 on e85
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    speed daddy headers 3inch exhaust
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    cold air filter behind bumper
    60 lb injectors

test

test
    Attached Files Attached Files
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Senior Tuner
    You know, perhaps you could try the DynAir method of simultaneous tuning in order to map out the VE table. Can you log Volumetric Efficiency Airflow?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-the-Same-Time
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...airflow/page10

Senior Tuner
    Would you like to work together on this? Most don't tune VE on these 3800's for a few reasons:

- Supposedly a MAF-only control scheme.
    - Sometimes the factory VE table is nowhere near sensible, so some assume that it doesn't matter that much.
    - Failing the MAF in order to tune VE the standard way isn't possible due to no-start.

I think accurate VE is just as important on these and I'd like to find out what kind of difference it would make. If we find it possible to tune VE using the DynAir method, and show how it's done, then it'd be a big contribution to the 3800 crowd. That and I think you'd be pleased with the results on your Monte Carlo.

Yeah I'm game to, i read the post about how to do the dyn air method and I have to admit I'll have to read it about 3 more times to make sense and to get it right but I aint scared to try. Ive been playing with the ae enrichment and the v.e table up and down a couple percents but no change in results. Im going to check a couple of things with #6 that may be the source of my issues that are of concern and I'll get back with you.
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Senior Tuner
    First thing is first. Check if you can even log the channels:

-Dynamic Airflow, Mass Airflow, Volumetric Efficiency Airflow all as [Mass Flow Rate].

Will do. But I need to check into this first #6 can't send pic from phone
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors