Thread: 6.0l

Potential Tuner

6.0l

I have a 1979 firebird. Ls swapped. 6.0l flat top pisto ns. Tsp 228r cam w/ springs. Ported 243 heads. 4l60e. Summit fuel cell with inline pump and corvette filter for return .runs good just driving around fuel trims are good. Anything over half throttle starts backfiring/missing. Let off a little and drives normal. I dont have knocl sensors installed. So trying to figure out miss is killing me. Afr reading 12.3-14.0 at 2000-3500 rpm and doesnt matter how much fuel i add or take away still feels like a miss/Fuel cut. I dont have an inline pressure gauge. Took feed line off to check. 60 psi inline engine off

Post the tune and logs.

Does it also have bigger injectors? Because the stock 6.0 injectors are no where near big enough.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yes. Put a set of 2010 camaro injectors i got for free in it. Just got the the flow rate data online the day before yesterday for it. Im mechanic not a tuner. But i do daily drive a 04 silverado with a 6.0l with 243s. Almost same everything. And it drives great and i figured that tune out

Did you also get the min injector pulse, short pulse adder and voltage offset data for them as well?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ill post them in the morning. If i can figure out how. The only thing i saw tonight was rpm looked delayed. Constant throttle position rpm looked like it went from 2200 or so down to 1600 then climbed to over 3k with with constant pedal

Potential Tuner
    I got the voltage offset. I was told min. Inj. Pulse and short pulse adder would be ok . Im assuming it could cause issues but would it be running rich if min. Pulse or short pulse was off?