Thread: GMPP LS3 controller with PWM cooling fan?

GMPP LS3 controller with PWM cooling fan?

Who has successfully done this? I have heard it CAN be done, and heard it CAN'T be done....????

I am using a C6 Corvette fan module.
    I have heard the PWM signal is pin 64 on the J3 connector, and have heard it is pin 49.

I have it on in my tune, but when I try to activate it from the scanner tool, nothing happens.

Help

Thanks
    Last edited by samckitt; 06-18-2022 at 09:30 AM.

Senior Tuner
    It shouldn't be a problem.

heads up though.. That module, the wiring, connector too it, etc.. can all be a pain the ass.

We used to sell a kit that retrofitted them to other cars with E67's and E40's. They worked well but the modules had a decently high failure rate and they would smoke that big three pin connector occasionally. The fan doesn't flow a lot. We've actually retrofitted a couple C6's with a set of dual spals or LS1 corvette fans and had much better cooling.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    It shouldn't be a problem.

heads up though.. That module, the wiring, connector too it, etc.. can all be a pain the ass.

We used to sell a kit that retrofitted them to other cars with E67's and E40's. They worked well but the modules had a decently high failure rate and they would smoke that big three pin connector occasionally. The fan doesn't flow a lot. We've actually retrofitted a couple C6's with a set of dual spals or LS1 corvette fans and had much better cooling.
    I have found out since posting this, that the GMPP E67 ECM does not have the same circuit board as the production E67 & does not contain the electronics in it to drive the PWM fan.

Tuner in Training
    I was in the same boat and ended up using a Vintage Air standalone PWM kit. Just have to tap in a separate temperature sensor. Works well. Only part I didn't like is for the A/C it's an override and makes the fan run at full speed whereas the factory ECU uses the pressure sensor to help control the speed.