Thread: C7 procharged fuel issues

Potential Tuner

C7 procharged fuel issues

I have a weird dip in power, can feel it and hear it. about 4800 rpm it drops like 100 hp and comes back around 6200ish. HP fuel drops like a rock and inj opening doubles then returns back to normal. AFR on gauge doesnt reflect rich, but guessing its not burning it anyway. I have to have missed soomething or not got something set up correctly, but I cannot find it. Appreciate any guidance in advance. I stole the LT4 inj and pump data from another file, and I am also questioning that file now as well.

Inj pulse width goes up by 50% and flow rate shows about 1/2 when it does it in the log. I should also add that there has been multiple people in this file before as well.

Procharged car, 8ish psi up top, LT4 injectors and LT4 pump
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rubbersidedown; 06-18-2022 at 11:59 AM.

Tuning Addict
    Just a few comments here - you can take them for what they're worth or not. You need the correct map for your setup - causing your problem - no, but will cause fueling and torque calcs to be off / you also need a baro breakout - again will effect fueling and calcs, but doubtful your current problem.

Have you checked supply? What's pressure dropping to? Looks like hpfp settings are ramping in too quick - also not setup for changes. VVE wasn't dialed in - again will effect torque and fueling calcs.

Attached some changes to try.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Also I didn't check, but if you actually do dial in your VVE keep in mind the base tune needs to be setup for boost - in other words you'll need boundary zones to go into boost. Save you some headaches there.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    thank you for looking-

looked at the changes and tried the file- same situation. no, I havent done VVE stuff, we literally swapped pulleys and fuel system components. There has to be some type of limiter or modifer that is making the fuel pressure drop and the inj PW go high, isnt there? I have looked at about everything I can see and I cannot find where I have anything that is not linear at 4800ish and then would make that change. I dont disagree on the VVe but I guess I am not sure why the pressure would drop, thenramp back up?

Inj PW goes from 5.6 to 9.x within 200 rpm and HPFP goes from 1600 to 600, then back up when approaching 6400, all while at constant WOT
    Last edited by rubbersidedown; 06-18-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Tuning Addict
    This one has some torque model, dd, torque and a roughed in vve table plus the necessary changes to read into boost. Same as my previous otherwise. Unless it's just seeing the fuel pressure drop and killing power. See if this one will let it run. I just find it hard to believe that this thing has been "tuned" by so many people and not one of them has bothered to adjust any of this stuff.

You need to log torque limits and other things as well to see what's actually going on. I would put a mechanical gauge on the fuel system too - may just not be keeping up.

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    well, i feel like a fool. I have been watching the HPFP the whole time, and i could swear i was referencing desired. It is dropping and the PW correlates to the pressure drop (effect, not a cause) I will dig in a bit further and see what is happening on the low pressure side. THank you very much. I am not sure how to attach another data log here, but that appears to be the case