Thread: L98 caprice mafless tune

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb L98 caprice mafless tune

good evening ,

have brought a 2007 (i think) Holden Wm Caprice with the L98 in a while ago . this is the maffless tune that is in it but not really happy with the performance , can someone cast there eye over it and see if they would change anything.

cheers any help will be awesome

OTR
    2.5in exhaust with rear muffler deletes
    stock 2.92 gears
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Stall converter and diff gears will wake it up.

Um...
    screenshot.18-06-2022 18.19.27.png

I mean, does this work? Does it set P0102/P0103 as Current when set like this?

Potential Tuner
    yeah that is the plan down the track but for now its the school run n shopping car.

Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    Stall converter and diff gears will wake it up.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Um...
    screenshot.18-06-2022 18.19.27.png

I mean, does this work? Does it set P0102/P0103 as Current when set like this?
    it still logs in the DTC sectio due to being maffless tuned but engine light doesnt come on , most maffless tuned cars ive seen have these unchecked also

Senior Tuner
    change those to mil first error and then see if it acts any different

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    change those to mil first error and then see if it acts any different
    cheers will change it tomorrow after work. just looked at couple other tunes i had saved from other cars and they have them turned off also .

Potential Tuner
    also off topic if anyone can help . service reminder alarm wont clear and then random flashs on and off when ever it wants. No codes are logged when its on and its not in its not logged in service area on dash . when have changed oil pressure sensor , oil temp/level senor. its the mrs daily driver atm so cant pull it apart to much atm but im guessing its a wiring fault.

Does anyone know if i can turn the reminder off for good ? guessing i need g scan or tech 2 to speak to the bcm

Senior Tuner
    the service reminder can usually be cleared using the buttons n the steering wheel, cant remember exact sequence but its doable

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    the service reminder can usually be cleared using the buttons n the steering wheel, cant remember exact sequence but its doable
    yeah man have done that many times , then it will flash up on dash every couple seconds then not show up for ages etc if that makes sence . like someone flicking a switch on n off all the time

Senior Tuner
    Have a chat with Jason at envyous customs. He does all sorts of magic with Holden modules. He might be able to build you a patch. You'd probably have to send either the IC or BCM to him so car would be off the road for a couple of weeks.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bondy1007 View Post
    good evening ,

have brought a 2007 (i think) Holden Wm Caprice with the L98 in a while ago . this is the maffless tune that is in it but not really happy with the performance , can someone cast there eye over it and see if they would change anything.

cheers any help will be awesome

OTR
    2.5in exhaust with rear muffler deletes
    stock 2.92 gears
    had a quick look over the tune and honestly doesn't look good
    so its running mafless tune and dont have a cam?
    if its only got an otr and exhaust it only really needed the maf to be rescaled.
    that tune has had a lot changes made to it.
    its had some timing removed and looks like someone has tried to disable the knock sensors REALLY BAD IDEA and
    someone has had a go at tuning the vve table also
    your service light problem looks like it is likely in the engine diag settings they are all wack also