Thread: Just looking for advise for spark

Tuner in Training

Just looking for advise for spark

Running into some issues here. Got maf tuned but have also had a delay in power until 3k rpm. ive raised my spark tables by just adding 1-3 degrees. im wondering if i need to just add more spark but my tip top low rpm spark is already around 40-50 which seems absurd. ive attached my fail and im just trying to figure out if i should add more until i start receiving spark knock or am i missing something. also if you do have the time to take a look im also in the middle of doing my first speed density since i'm now running a turbo and 2bar map. my main issue with that is i'm just confused on how my maf was as simple as taking the scanners readings and multiply by half until correct. iv'e learned thats the same for SD but it just seems like its not going in that direction. one run it will be up in the 10% lean then next 15% rich. i have debated on turning off power enrichment but then how do i get the top VE to be 11 afr if its trying to correct it to 12.4? Thank you to whoever can take the time and give some pointers!turbo step 1.2.hpt

Post a log too
    Everyone on says for MAF to fail correctly you need to set P101 and 102 like you did P103
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Post a log too
    Everyone on says for MAF to fail correctly you need to set P101 and 102 like you did P103
    Terrible run but it bogs hard mid pull. also i bought a 2 bar map sensor from rockauto (Yeah idiot move i know) but seems that it may actually be a 1 bar due to how the table stops at 1.10. got to figure out if its two bar with a multimeter but thats the pull. interesting how it didnt populate hardly anything.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Moistbread View Post
    Terrible run but it bogs hard mid pull. also i bought a 2 bar map sensor from rockauto (Yeah idiot move i know) but seems that it may actually be a 1 bar due to how the table stops at 1.10. got to figure out if its two bar with a multimeter but thats the pull. interesting how it didnt populate hardly anything.
    Alright so I got 2.40 volts going out so I?m believing it is in fact a 2 bar map. I can?t get a full pull in without running -10% on afr err and the truck bogging down.

I'm not a Custom OS guy
    But in the picture it says this tune is set up for 200 kpa with a 5 volt output If I read this right
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Also
    Are you running 2 Widebands? or getting "dual channels" out of one signal (One reading AFR the other EQ)?
    Maybe this is okay
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Just one wideband. Reading afr. Not sure why my scanner keeps adding the EQ parameter lol. As you can see it?s beyond off so I just ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Also
    Are you running 2 Widebands? or getting "dual channels" out of one signal (One reading AFR the other EQ)?
    Maybe this is okay

Quote Originally Posted by Moistbread View Post
    Just one wideband. Reading afr. Not sure why my scanner keeps adding the EQ parameter lol. As you can see it?s beyond off so I just ignore it
    Got ya...
    Some guys say that can potentially be an issue, so they recommend not logging any potentially conflicting channels that are not necessary.
    So if your using AFR error, get rid of the wideband logging EQ. (I think leaving the commanded Eq channel is okay) Just get ride of the unnecessary wideband input.