Thread: More than 2 analog inputs??

Advanced Tuner

More than 2 analog inputs??

I have the MPVI2 with the Pro Link, and am currently using one of the 2 analog inputs for my WB input. I am wanting to add more inputs for some transducers for extra channels for my dyno. I would like to see live data on Fuel Pressure, and Trans Line Pressure for sure. Possibly some others as needed in different scenarios

Senior Tuner
    Nope.

I am working on a can bus module that appears on the bus as an AEM wideband so we can get more channels in through the back door. I should be able to get an extra 5 analogs into the scanner. Then through serial port emulation and translation can get another 1 in there.

Stupid to have to hack it to get extra data channels.

It would be good if HP supported the DLP-IO8 or DLP-IO16. Dead simple 8 or 16 channels 0-5V with a polling rate of around 20Hz. Bloody perfect for everything that we ever would need.

Senior Tuner
    ^That sounds very interesting..

There is a thread for wideband datastream integration in non can bus vehicles. I think it is by Dr.Mike. That might offer a solution too.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    Hjtrbo keep me in the loop. There are several things in different scenarios that would be beneficial to have in the scanner

I stumbled across these and said "WOW! Finally!"

https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...ansion-modules

...but I talked to them and they said those ONLY do AEMnet-CAN and cannot be configured to do normal-CAN like the -0334 because allowing that would be totally dumb and stupid and why would anyone ever want to do that? Great.

Senior Tuner
    I had a play with the HP serial channels. There is hope....

It is easily possible to use the DLP-IO8 and bridge them into the scanner. I mentioned in another thread about going down the can bus route, but I am scrapping that now. (serial not so fun, back to can) Should have something up and running by the end of the week. (edit, doubt it) Currently working on another little project at the moment that is nearly finished.
    Last edited by hjtrbo; 06-21-2022 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Maybe not as good as I hoped, back to can bus

Advanced Tuner
    Hjtrbo let me know asap if it works please. Im down to donate to the project. Im just not very smart on that side of computers

Tuner in Training
    Any progress? I am also willing to donate $ to the R&D fund for this.

Senior Tuner
    nah, no progress yet. I went to go with serial after a quick test but could only get 1 channel coming in so it was pointless to go further with the time I had. Looking to go back to the canbus route. I wouldn't be holding your breath.

Advanced Tuner
    So, sense this seems pretty hopeless (at least in the short term)... What about using some sort of stand alone ECU as a separate logger in the dyno room for multiple other sensors. This seems like the only other alternative to have any data I might want displayed on that particular car/day. I know It would be two separate logs, but at least I could see the data. Any ideas on this thought?

It shouldn't be this hard to have at least 5-6 inputs on the PRO version of this hardware/software

Senior Tuner
    Look into megalog viewer. From memory a license is about $50. Its vcm scanner on steroids.