Thread: DTC thrown for throttle pedal module with one ECM, not a different one.

DTC thrown for throttle pedal module with one ECM, not a different one.

I have a GMPP E67 ECM & a production E67 ECM, how is it they both have the same tune, but the production one throws a error with the throttle pedal, but the GMPP ECM does not? Is there an E67 OS that works with the throttle pedal that comes with the GMPP controller kit?
    Last edited by samckitt; 06-21-2022 at 05:23 PM.

How did both ECMs get the same files flashed? Using GM SPS and the appropriate tool, or done in HP Tuners?

Did the GMPP E67 get flashed with a production file?

The production E67 started out as what platform - was it reflashed too?

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    How did both ECMs get the same files flashed? Using GM SPS and the appropriate tool, or done in HP Tuners?

Did the GMPP E67 get flashed with a production file?

The production E67 started out as what platform - was it reflashed too?
    Flashed with HPTuners.
    GMPP E67 does not have a production file.
    Production E67 has a 2007 Trailblazer SS OS.

Is there a production OS that works with the GMPP pedal, is it a production pedal I can find an OS from?

Flashed with HPTuners means what? Did you use that to change operating systems on either ECM?

Is your GMPP E67 a 63lb IFR (early) or 127lb (late)?

Flashed with HPTuners means what? Did you use that to change operating systems on either ECM?

Is your GMPP E67 a 63lb IFR (early) or 127lb (late)?
    Yes I changed the OS on the production E67 ECM, tried to put just the tune in it used in the GMPP one, it cmplained about the OS, so i did the write entire.

How do I tell if it is a 63lb or 127lb?

Hover over the Injector Flow Rate table button, the little info-tip description at the bottom will show the allowed limits for every parameter.

You can not use HP Tuners to change the OS from one platform to another like that. There are 8 segments in the Gen4 ECM. HPT only reads/writes 6 of them. The two that can't be touched are for the ETC. To change an OS on a Gen4 ECM needs GM SPS and a compatible flashing tool. Doing what you did has put the new OS on there alongside the original Engine and Engine Operation segments, whatever those came from.

Hover over the Injector Flow Rate table button, the little info-tip description at the bottom will show the allowed limits for every parameter.

You can not use HP Tuners to change the OS from one platform to another like that. There are 8 segments in the Gen4 ECM. HPT only reads/writes 6 of them. The two that can't be touched are for the ETC. To change an OS on a Gen4 ECM needs GM SPS and a compatible flashing tool. Doing what you did has put the new OS on there alongside the original Engine and Engine Operation segments, whatever those came from.

It is 0-63lb.

Here is my setup.
    2008 LS2 (58x)
    LS3 heads
    LS9 cam
    LSA Supercharger
    T56 trans
    GMPP Harness/[edal/blade MAF, I added reverse lockout circuit, PWM fan circuit & AC pressure circuit.

Evidently I need to use a production ECM because the GMPP ECM does not support the PWM fan output.

What OS should I be using, & who can do it?

Thanks
    Last edited by samckitt; 06-22-2022 at 08:06 AM.

What was the new E67 before it got write-entired with a different OS? Was it a different platform (like, V6 Malibu or something)? Or was it already a Trailblazer (what year?) but just a different OS ID?

What was the new E67 before it got write-entired with a different OS? Was it a different platform (like, V6 Malibu or something)? Or was it already a Trailblazer (what year?) but just a different OS ID?
    It was Trailblazer SS, licensing says 2007, but i was told engine came out of 2008.

Well, Trailblazer is not gonna work, as none of those of any year was ever made with a manual trans.

Agree.

Looks like the GMPP throttle pedal is the same as what is used on Cadillacs. Would a CTS-V OS work?

CTS-V never came with the 63lb early E67.

Verify your pinout at the APP matches this for '07 trailblazer. If you change to something else later, you should use whatever pinout/diagrams match the OS you end up with as the OS determines the pin assignments.

screenshot.22-06-2022 09.12.52.png

The only thing I have for the Trailblazer is the ECM.

Right. And all the stuff connected to the ECM has to go to the pins the Trailblazer OS is expecting to find them on.

This is not a permanent fix (if you find/correct any differences at the APP), as the auto trans Trailblazer OS can't read vehicle speed without the auto trans TCM connected, which you don't have.

If it still has the Trailblazer SS OS, would it have settings to change to a manual transmission at all or would that not even be available?

Currently it is set to manual, & through the scanner tool I can turn on/off the reverse lockout solenoid.
    Last edited by samckitt; 06-22-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Auto trans vehicles have the VSS wired to the TCM, which then sends vehicle speed over CAN to the ECM. An ECM with auto trans OS will not ever look at the ECM pins the manual trans vehicles use for the VSS. Lots of stuff in the tune depends on getting a VSS signal. The auto/manual switch thing does precisely nothin' for a Gen4, I don't even know why it's there.

There is an absolute ton of stuff in the ECM code that we do not see by looking at the tables and settings available in the editor.