Thread: can some help and check this tune runs rough at idle

Tuner in Training

can some help and check this tune runs rough at idle

2005 chevy 6.0 swap with after market intake 42lb injectors 2005 CHEVY 1500 6.0 RAUL.hpt like if it has miss

Post a log of the event happening
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    silverado 6.0.hpl at idle in park

silverado 6.0 1.hpl in drive

Okay, I know I asked for a log...

But Tune wise first thing that sticks out is injector data, It doesn't appear that has been changed in the Tune file posted.
    Post up the specific injectors that you have installed, and any data supplied with them.
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Stock Internals?
    Idle MAP kpa at 57? Vacuum leak?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Stock Internals?
    bought the engine from jegs atk engine performance am say stock internals and for thinjectors ther 42lb from hp performance injectors didnt came with data ive msj them if the have the datat ther response is ur tuner should do that but did sum reserch and they flow 43lb

Tuner in Training
    i did a smoke vacuum test no leak am double check it agian

Tuner in Training
    https://www.high-performance-engines...ine-p/hp93.htm

here is the engine i bough if it helps any and sorry new to ls and tuning

Tuner in Training
    Stock Internals?
    bought the engine from jegs atk engine performance am say stock internals and for thinjectors ther 42lb from hp performance injectors didnt came with data ive msj them if the have the datat ther response is ur tuner should do that but did sum reserch and they flow 43lb

If you want to be able to use garbage injectors that don't come with GM-format data, buy a Holley ECU that can be set up with little dropdown menus and forget all about this stock ECM stuff. If you want to stick with the stock ECM you're going to need injectors with accurate data.

Okay
    "Custom grind Cam" in their technical data, so the idle kpa could be okay

Do you have a part number for the injectors?
    In the link they say 36lb are what they have, you said 42...
    This is the most important thing to have correct, so many ECM calculations revolve around this. Stuff in the background that we never see.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    If you want to be able to use garbage injectors that don't come with GM-format data, buy a Holley ECU that can be set up with little dropdown menus and forget all about this stock ECM stuff. If you want to stick with the stock ECM you're going to need injectors with accurate data.
    Beat me to it, LOL

Tuner in Training
    Okay
    "Custom grind Cam" in their technical data, so the idle kpa could be okay

Do you have a part number for the injectors?
    In the link they say 36lb are what they have, you said 42...
    This is the most important thing to have correct, so many ECM calculations revolve around this. Stuff in the background that we never see.
    THER 42 INJECTORS ... AND THE I CHECKED THE INJECTORS AND THEY DONT HAVE PART NUMBER THIS WERE I BOUGHT THE INJECTORS https://highperformanceinjectors.com...37161423274181

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by supra1991 View Post
    THER 42 INJECTORS ... AND THE I CHECKED THE INJECTORS AND THEY DONT HAVE PART NUMBER THIS WERE I BOUGHT THE INJECTORS https://highperformanceinjectors.com...37161423274181
    'We provide injector deadtimes and flow ratings which makes calibrating your fuel maps easier. "

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    'We provide injector deadtimes and flow ratings which makes calibrating your fuel maps easier. "
    yeah i know when i bought my injectors for my supra came with data.. ive msj the suppler for the injectors he said that those injectors use stock data

That's not how this works. You can't redrill or modify injectors and have any of the critical data remain the same while only the flow rate changes. If they are unmodified GM 42lb injectors they should be able to tell you what application they were taken from, and what the GM part number is. Flow testing alone is not enough to get the full data for an injector.

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=blindsquirrel;691698]That's not how this works. You can't redrill or modify injectors and have any of the critical data remain the same while only the flow rate changes. If they are unmodified GM 42lb injectors they should be able to tell you what application they were taken from, and what the GM part number is. Flow testing alone is not enough to get the full data for an injec

ill try to adjust the lay around a bit with them to see if i can get her to idle more smoother i got her to idle better then the tuner were i took it to get it tune if ill just swap the injector for sume good brand with data sheet