Thread: I have a couple tuning questions

I have a couple tuning questions

First, while cruising, when I increase throttle A/F spikes pretty lean for a second. Fuel trims are within 5%. Is there anything I can adjust?

Second question, is there anything in a tune that would cause traction control to not work? I have seen the TCS light flash, but only if one wheel slips, l never seen it if I lose traction in a straight, or is that normal.

2016 charger 392 forged, supercharged and cam.

First, I'm not familiar with Dodge...
    Is their "Transient Fueling" tab? That is one spot for Lean tip in.
    Are you accelerating just enough to get into boost and maybe Fuel enrichment needs to kick in earlier?

No clue on TC

You will usually get better results if you post a Tune and a Log with the events happening
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

There is a transient tab. Just not sure on which table to make adjustments to. Not going into boost. It?s just with little throttle movements, general driving. I?ll get a log.

And the Tune
    I'm not very versed on Transient, but I'm sure there must be threads on it
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Thats power enrichment .
    There are two tables for it - aircharge and pratio.

Quote Originally Posted by f.creek-ranch View Post
    Thats power enrichment .
    There are two tables for it - aircharge and pratio.

I?m not getting into PE though. This is at normal cruising.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ramdart74 View Post
    Fuel trims are within 5%
    Are you sure you posted the correct log?
    Im seeing the fuel trims all over the place. LTFTs toward -20% and STFTs+LTFTs hitting -30%.

Before you even think about transient fueling you need to get the steady-state fueling a lot closer than that.

Lean spikes when you get on the throttle are quite common and very hard to completely eliminate. If they are not effecting the driveability, there is no real reason to persue them

Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post
    Are you sure you posted the correct log?
    Im seeing the fuel trims all over the place. LTFTs toward -20% and STFTs+LTFTs hitting -30%.

Before you even think about transient fueling you need to get the steady-state fueling a lot closer than that.

Lean spikes when you get on the throttle are quite common and very hard to completely eliminate. If they are not effecting the driveability, there is no real reason to persue them

They were, I?m working on it. I put in bigger injectors. It seems like in the morning I get big swings, and in the afternoon it?s closer. The guy that tuned it was supposed to help me with the injectors, but he disappeared. Trying to learn how to do it myself. Thanks. drivability is good.

here is a log i just did with no changes made.22-06-29 19-12-49.hpl

Here is what I am not getting. Two logs back to back, after stopping for coffee, Long + short seems very different i dont understand why.

22-06-30 06-43-02.hpl
    22-06-30 07-04-03.hpl