Thread: 80e to 60e OS segment swap??

Potential Tuner

Angry 80e to 60e OS segment swap??

OK, so the skinny is I have a 5.3/60e combo in a swapped c10. The computer is a p59 from a buddies 6.0/80e swapped truck (he went TermX).

I got the harness and ECU swapped and got the thing running and driving, but with only 2 gears. Realized the harness was pinned different for a 80e, changed it back to a 60e pinout and also changed the drop down to a 60e in the tune.
    Now it has only 1 forward gear (its either stuck in 1st or 2nd)

I was trying to find a OS (1252068) to do a segment swap with, but no luck. Anyone have a 60e tune up with a OS of 1252068 or any other ideas on a solution??? I'm getting burnt out of Troubleshooting and researching, been at it all day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

The 1252068 sounds like a upgraded OS, if you click the calibration details page does it say like MAF enhanced tune or Speed density enhanced tune?

It needs to be a stock file to use the segment swapper.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The 1252068 sounds like a upgraded OS, if you click the calibration details page does it say like MAF enhanced tune or Speed density enhanced tune?

It needs to be a stock file to use the segment swapper.

On the OS tab is shows "Speed Density - 2 bar" "OS - 1252068" with an "apply code modification"

So I'm thinking my only 2 solutions would be to (1) find a complete stock 5.3/60e tune from the repository and start tuning over from scratch. OR (2) is there a best practice for changing the tune-up to a 60e other than what I have done already, which is changing the drop down from 80e to 60e and then copy pasting all the 60e tables from a stock file, or is there a better way out there????

Potential Tuner
    Also wondering if I might brick the ECU if I keep changing the OS. Is there any OS's I should stay away from. The ECU is a P59 from a 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0 DBW

Potential Tuner
    So more info ... If I go to the calibration details page, it shows me a OS of 1213246. However the OS tab shows a OS of 1252068. I'm assuming the first OS listed was the original and the second is the modified one?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkaboutit View Post
    So more info ... If I go to the calibration details page, it shows me a OS of 1213246. However the OS tab shows a OS of 1252068. I'm assuming the first OS listed was the original and the second is the modified one?
    Why not just post the .hpt file rather than having us guess?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Why not just post the .hpt file rather than having us guess?
    Good thought, my bad.it worked! started and idled decent, start from here, updated fans and trans.hpt

Potential Tuner
    6..23.hpl and the log of the last drive with the tune-up

That file is not OS 1252068 - it's still the stock 12613246. The OS tab is showing you what it would turn into not what it currently is, and will be blank if a custom OS has been applied.

screenshot.24-06-2022 09.30.16.png

Click the toolbar button. Or Edit > Calibration Details. Or CTRL+D.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    That file is not OS 1252068 - it's still the stock 12613246. The OS tab is showing you what it would turn into not what it currently is, and will be blank if a custom OS has been applied.

screenshot.24-06-2022 09.30.16.png

Click the toolbar button. Or Edit > Calibration Details. Or CTRL+D.
    IC, thank you for educating me. I shall look for a 12613246 60e tune then. Anyone out there have one handy before go downloading 1M files from the repository??